Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which pet to level?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
If you had two pets say both Heliphants, one was showing a pedigree of 52 and one was showing a pedigree of 56 would you want level the 56 first over the 52? Which pet would look more promising to you to level the 56 or the 52? Or would it even matter?

Defender
Feb 12, 2011
That all depends on what you are hoping to acheive by levelling them. Is their a particular spell you are looking for?

If you are just asking what pet to level regardless of the results, than it won't matter. At best you might look at who has the fewest "uncommon" slots available - you could then start with that one first.

Tip: Don't train your pet past adult unless you know what ability you are hoping to get. You might be better off breeding your two Helephants and training the new hatchling, or, training your Helephant with antother pet altogether and training that hatchling.

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I know now what you mean I will look closer to the pets common and uncommon traits before going deeper into training. Today I trained a Life Oni balance pet it leveled twice and gave me nothing for help in fighting. This was a drop and I didnt buy it but if I had bought it I would be very disapointed in it. I have been playing this game for long time now and have bought only one pet the whole time and it was a Sea Dragon. This sea Dragon did not give me at first what i was looking for until I hatched it with my fire Heliphant that has very good traits, it gives me 10% in pips alone so the Sea Dragon I hatched with it came out better than its Original that i bought. The life Oni pet, I will keep and maybe later if I get a balance pet that has any good traits maybe hatch with it. I will probably not level the Oni pet any higher than adult since it is showing me it will not give me anything I can use and plus by now 2 traits gone and whatever the next two traits will be will not be enough to help me in my questing. So the Oni is really useless except for possible breeding. Like I said, I am glad i did not purchase it. I am very happy with my Heliphant and have hatched it with my second account heliphant and the pedigree numbers are higher on the Hatch than the parents. Matter fact twice I hatched the Heliphant and both Heliphants came out with higher pedigree numbers. This is why I was wondering id higher meant anything special.....

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I have leveled two pets in last two days two levels each, neither has given me anything I can use in fighting. Where is the game getting these useless pets from? My Oni I got as a drop and now a storm pet both gave nothing. Pouring treats and gold into them is a waste. I guess I will go back to deleteing the pets cause I dont think they will have any good traits to pass on. I am glad to learn to level two levels and stop then I am faced with deleting.
I am about to just stop leveling pets and play with the sorry ones i have cause it looks like there is no good pets out there. Out of 12 pets my wizards use only two are what you would consider good. Odds are very bad.
Game you are about to drive me out of the pet business..............

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
Just finished my Hydra leveling it all the way since it was a school pet. This is a classic example of what I am speaking about when it comes to leveling pets. This school pet gave me Spirited, Dashing , Tireless, and then 5% on pips. This pet is really no benefit except for the pips and what really surprised me was it being a school pet no drop or hatchling.
I would normally delete this pet but my balance has to have some sort of pet with him. I even tried the Balance Oni pet with no luck there.
Today I am going to remove all the pets from my wizards and play without any and see how they do. If they seem to do ok I think I will just stop doing the pet thing. For others it may be doing very well, but for me, like I said I have lots of pets like this Hydra with nothing to offer a wizard. I have tried to improve them with hatching but some do better but not as well as expected. Until the pet situation improves I have leveled my last pet for some time.