Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which pet talents should be bolstered a bit?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Pierce train fails to work well against double and triple shields as it only has chance of breaking off the first one which is always the same school.

Health gift gives way less health benifit than resist all shields, while resist all also takes a lot less healing to get a character back up to full health.

Resist any specific school is the same percent resistance as resist all, which seems completely wrong. It is like saying mass attack spells should have the same damage as single hit spells have.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
What exactly are you trying to point out here SeaSnake?

You want the pet talents boosted more?

I wont argue, that is always nice, however, then you will have more pvp players complaining that pets cheat way too much...

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
darthjt wrote:
What exactly are you trying to point out here SeaSnake?

You want the pet talents boosted more?

I wont argue, that is always nice, however, then you will have more pvp players complaining that pets cheat way too much...

I want some of the existing ones improved. I mean if you have something like death resistance as a talent I think it should provide more of a resistance than a resist all talent does. If you have pierce any shield that is cast should have a chance to be removed by it, rother than the same shield always on a double or triple shield cast. Stuff like that should be looked more into I think.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, for once, I agree with some of the things you have said...

For Instance... School Resistances..

Now, Spell Proof is great, a max of 10 resistance to all schools...
Now, Spell Defy, is nice too, it is like 5 or 6 to all schools...

Now, when it comes to each school individually, I think it should be doubled, so that you can get a max of 20... Although, that may make people too resistant to some schools, like Storm... A pet with storm proof, Spell proof, spritely, and spell defy, could then have up to 35 more storm resistance on top of their resistance from gear already... as it stands, you can already get 25 more...

Now, Pip O Plenty should be boosted, since it now Says 5, but when you add it up in your pip percentage it only gives you 4... lol good fix there...

Pierce train should be given a chance to activate with every shield placed... Good idea... Now, just because 3 shields are put down, does not mean all 3 should be removed, pet should just get a chance to remove each of them...

May Cast Tower, should be boosted just a little... Also triggers should be when attacked, not when attacking...

Survivor
Sep 18, 2009
Yes bolstered talents would be nice. I get tired of seeing 'sprite' cast by a pet 3 - 6 times in a battle but all other 'may cast' talents only go off twice and hour (if that). My pets 'life shield' has only gone off 2 times in the month I have had the pet. and another pets 'pierce' has gone off bout 7 times in a month.
Any chance of getting the % boosted a bit?

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
It would be nice to see some pet talents boosted.. I myself would like to see piercly raised only a little bit, that is just me of course. But I think most people would want to see the accuracys increased that to me seems to be the main complaint people have, balance has like no accuracy right now so a lot of people are bringing back the accuracy talents to their pets. The may cast blade talents should be increased because it almost never casts. But the one I would boost is the pets that give cards, just for the example the give a tower shield card, well why would you want that if their is a talent that makes it cast tower.