Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's best with hydra pet?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 31, 2014
Hi,

Been with this pet for a bit too long, kind of bored :), what pet can I hatch it with to get something good? I'm level 52.

Thanks

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
Hi there.

If you fallow this link: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Hydraand scroll down this page you will find all pets that can be hatched with Hydra. If something happens and you can't open this link (sometimes happens) here is short version:

Basilisk (Hatched with Orthrus)
Cerberus (Hatched with Orthrus)
Creeper (Hatched with Ice Colossus)
Darkreaver (Hatched with Wraith)
Fatesealer (Hatched with Ice Colossus)
Fatezilla (Hatched with Stormzilla)
Helion (Hatched with Helephant)
Leviathan (Hatched with Stormzilla)
Plague Oni (Hatched with Helephant)
Reaper (Hatched with Wraith)
Reaver (Hatched with Satyr or Wraith)
Wanderer (Hatched with Satyr)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
enkia on Sep 30, 2014 wrote:
Hi,

Been with this pet for a bit too long, kind of bored :), what pet can I hatch it with to get something good? I'm level 52.

Thanks
Usually you decide what talents you want in a pet and find another pet with them to hatch with that pet to try to transfer over talents to your new pet.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:First_Generation_Pets

When I first started out I wanted Spritely and Spell Proof so I started by buying Starfish at the pet vendor in Celestia, I bought and rehatched them till I got Spell Proof and Spritely manifested. Then I did the Halloween quest and got Frankinbunnies and brought in Energizing Battery. Later I was able to get a hatch with a Brave Hound that had Unicorn and Fairy Friend and then got an Enchanted Armament pet drop helping a friend with the side boss in Olympus. Even later I got a random hatch Nightwalker that brought in Spell Defy. Now, about a yr later, I have a Nightwalker and an Enchanted Armament pet with Spell proof and defy, Fairy and Unicorn.

I did this on a lark with no time limit and many, many failed pets. My goal was a Spud Enchanted Armor pet which is yesterday's news really because healing talents are reduced mc's now. I have yet to try to hatch back in Spritely training past Epic is painful for me, lol.

I have collected some cute pets along the way and passed around a lot of Frankenbunnies and Enchanted Armor pets in many random hatches. I have also side tracked to put some time into a lil Siren pet for my Storm wizard.

Short cut = go to wizard101central.com, create an account and ask in the pet meet ups part for someone to hatch with you. There are many kind wizards there that will help you get the pet you want.

Mary

Defender
Mar 31, 2014