Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's a good pet for Storm wizards?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Now that I'm close to finishing my Balance pet, what are some good abilities for Storm pets?

Survivor
Oct 25, 2011
There is this bundle, i forgot what it is called but it it $29. It comes with a babydactyl pet, a mount, gear, and a housing item. The babydactyl pet is one if the best storm pets you can have, It just needs training.
--Shelby level 65

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Double damage, double resistance and MC Fairy is a good all-around setup. You'll have to hatch a bit, but it's worth it. The talents would be Storm-Dealer and either Pain-Giver or Storm-Giver for damage, Spell-Proof and Spell-Defying for resistance, and of course Fairy Friend.

Explorer
Jun 26, 2013
I suggest going Spark Beast all the way. I truly love these kinds of pets so much b/c that fact that all for their school give the school's designated Blade and that helps a lot in battle. I also always see pets in the Pet Pavilion that are Spark Beasts obviously w/ talents such as Storm-Boon, Storm-Giver, Storm-Dealer, Pain-Giver, and Pain- Bringer. These all stacked up to a lucky percentage of their highest capability will give you the change to boost your Storm damage a whopping 38% Storm damage! That will help you tremendously in battle. Though, if you have all five of your talents as damage dealing ones, you miss out on the opportunity to get some resist talents or even more important, healing talents just like Spritely and Fairy Friend.

Thanks,
-Sarah SparkleCloud Lvl. 100 Pet Warlord

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
I would go with a Spark Beast with the talents Storm Dealer, Storm Giver, Pain Giver, Fairy, and Spell Proof if you are more of a damage person or you can go with Storm Dealer, Storm (or Pain) Giver, Fairy, Spell Proof, and Spell Defying if you want a pet with equal talents all around.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Personally, I think the Enchanted Armament is the best base pet for any school. The 3 pet sharps double or triple the number of blades you can stack in combat. You can hatch them into defensive healing pets, offensive attack pets or any combination you like, but those sharps will always help.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
zachshock on Apr 25, 2015 wrote:
Now that I'm close to finishing my Balance pet, what are some good abilities for Storm pets?
my storm wizard uses a rain beetle with proof, defy, and double damage~ great for castle dreadmore, where healing pets will (more times than not) get you defeated.

-von