Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We should be able to buy pet talents we want

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 06, 2009
2
It is so hard to get good pet talents so I think that KI should let us pay to get pet talents we want (out of the ones that the pet can get). I say this because I have been spending my money to get pets with useless talents and I have even made my pets hatch a pet with my friends pets which have good talents and no matter how much I train them they end up with bad talents. I have heard Sea Dragons are good but every time I buy one I get things I dont want. I have also been told that if you train your pets Intellect, Agility, and Will then you will have a good chance to get spritely but I still dont get it even with pets like the Starfish from Celestia.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2011
6
pikmin12 wrote:
It is so hard to get good pet talents so I think that KI should let us pay to get pet talents we want (out of the ones that the pet can get). I say this because I have been spending my money to get pets with useless talents and I have even made my pets hatch a pet with my friends pets which have good talents and no matter how much I train them they end up with bad talents. I have heard Sea Dragons are good but every time I buy one I get things I dont want. I have also been told that if you train your pets Intellect, Agility, and Will then you will have a good chance to get spritely but I still dont get it even with pets like the Starfish from Celestia.


I like your idea ALOT :-) :-) :D ! but i think that they think everyone will pick epic talents

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
191
That would be nice. BUT it will kill the suspense, pride and joy you get when training pets. I started with a single satyr that has spritely (lucky i guess) but i was happy with that and even trained it to reveal health gift and pip o plenty. But from it i hatched with others who wanted spritely and i got some good talents in return.. It takes time, but when you finally have one pet with very good talents, hatching with someone with much better pedigree and talents will be much easier.

what i do is, If you fail with a pet from a good hatch, use it again and re-hatched it with that same good pet. Chances are it will erase the unwanted ones and manifest the ones you need. (rinse and repeat). Do not dump the unwanted pet yet and move on to another one cause you'll be back to square one.

I never bought any pet, only hatched with somebody else or cross it between my own pets. the luxury of re-hatching multiple times is courtesy of mirror lake. If you are lazy to do ML runs then training will definitely be costly.

Something you want that is gained from hard work and perseverance is so much better than buying your way into it

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
35
What would we buy talents with? This would have to be a LOT of money because KI has to get money to. What if a lower level buys the good talents and then uses them to dominate other lower levels in PVP? This would be hadr for KI because they probaly have to make a new "vendor". I say no.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
42
pikmin12 wrote:
I have also been told that if you train your pets Intellect, Agility, and Will then you will have a good chance to get spritely.

That has worked for all of my pets, except for the Intellect part, I've actually noticed Intellect pretty much ruins a pet's chances for spritely, as for Agility and Will though, I've noticed training pets mostly on those too actually boost the chances of getting spritely.
-Benjamin StormDust, Level 78 Diviner

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
860
I will agree if: you have to have something certain trained to pick the talent you want, so you just cant randomly pick proof or defy etc...

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
23
How about lowering the cost in Gold that it takes to hatch pets by like 20%

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
SirBdawg1999 wrote:
pikmin12 wrote:
I have also been told that if you train your pets Intellect, Agility, and Will then you will have a good chance to get spritely.

That has worked for all of my pets, except for the Intellect part, I've actually noticed Intellect pretty much ruins a pet's chances for spritely, as for Agility and Will though, I've noticed training pets mostly on those too actually boost the chances of getting spritely.
-Benjamin StormDust, Level 78 Diviner


Actually, if you put one foot in a bucket of cold water, the other foot in a bucket of hot water, then jump up and down, while patting your head with the left hand and rubbing your belly with the right hand, all while repeating "Spritely is King", this is what actually increases your chances of getting that talent. Not the games or trying to increase a specific trait.

So remember, if you really want Spritely, you should adhere to my recommendation.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2012
5
Well two of my pets [snake in a basket pet and turtle] give me good things but it depends on the pet if you if you get a really good pet then it'll give you great spells at any time and there is pets out there what come with cards so look out for them.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
9
sherbertypony12 wrote:
What would we buy talents with? This would have to be a LOT of money because KI has to get money to. What if a lower level buys the good talents and then uses them to dominate other lower levels in PVP? This would be hadr for KI because they probaly have to make a new "vendor". I say no.


It doesnt have to be allot of money. It's very similar to the pip vender where you can get all your pips back. And just like you buy the pip return with crowns, you could buy the pet talents with crowns. With the pip return, the more pips you have spent the more crowns it cost. Why not make it so that epic talents cost more crowns? common:100 crowns uncommon:200 crowns rare: 300 crowns ultra-rare:400 crowns epic:500 crowns. You wouldnt want to go more than 500 crowns though. Thats pretty expensive for just one talent (even if it is good). And about the low levels in pvp, they would have to have an alt in order to get a good pet with good talents. And if it were a low level, what makes you think other low levels cant get the pets? And if it's a problem you can always make it so once you choose a talent for a pet, that pet becomes bound to character (no share, no auction, and possibly no sell). I have allot of good ideas for this game :D

Explorer
Jan 16, 2012
53
I disagree and think that is a terrible idea. If you want good abilities, hatch with others with pets with all those abilities. If having problem finding others with those pets, ask around, most experienced people know a pet collector or a few. If having a hard time getting people to hatch with you, learn how to make people like you more. There are guides for that too.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
9
I agree with you hole heartedly pikmin12. I spent so much time getting my Starfish from Celestia trained to Epic, and I got nothing I wanted out of it. He is totally useless to me now. I would pay to get the pet with the talents I want, but all I get is frustration.

Thank you KingsIsle Entertainment

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
333
darthjt wrote:
SirBdawg1999 wrote:
pikmin12 wrote:
I have also been told that if you train your pets Intellect, Agility, and Will then you will have a good chance to get spritely.

That has worked for all of my pets, except for the Intellect part, I've actually noticed Intellect pretty much ruins a pet's chances for spritely, as for Agility and Will though, I've noticed training pets mostly on those too actually boost the chances of getting spritely.
-Benjamin StormDust, Level 78 Diviner


Actually, if you put one foot in a bucket of cold water, the other foot in a bucket of hot water, then jump up and down, while patting your head with the left hand and rubbing your belly with the right hand, all while repeating "Spritely is King", this is what actually increases your chances of getting that talent. Not the games or trying to increase a specific trait.

So remember, if you really want Spritely, you should adhere to my recommendation.


I tried that, but didn't get Spritely

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
1
I don't know about buying any talent you want, but I do believe you should be allowed to pick one ability, and one ability only, between both parents to guarantee the baby to receive. Might take out some of the disgruntledness of players who feel cheated on constantly getting unfavorable talents.