Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Upset of Outcome of Hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
I have 2 accounts with wizards. I used my Grand Ice and Grand Storm to mix pets. After paying close to $100,000 gold on each one to mix a collosus and a stormzilla the resulting pets were the same as I went in with. My storm got another stormzilla and my ice got another collosus. Both new pets are limited to the respectives schools only. According to the pet mixing guide I should have gotten a Storm Collosus. Very dissapointed over spending so much gold to get what I already had. Is there a point to this?

Iridian Stormweaver
GrandMaster Storm

Hero
May 19, 2009
2Icee4u wrote:
I have 2 accounts with wizards. I used my Grand Ice and Grand Storm to mix pets. After paying close to $100,000 gold on each one to mix a collosus and a stormzilla the resulting pets were the same as I went in with. My storm got another stormzilla and my ice got another collosus. Both new pets are limited to the respectives schools only. According to the pet mixing guide I should have gotten a Storm Collosus. Very dissapointed over spending so much gold to get what I already had. Is there a point to this?

Iridian Stormweaver
GrandMaster Storm

According to the pet mixing guide there is a CHANCE that you might get storm collosus.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
It does seem a bit unfair that one of the partners in the process gets a rare and the other does not. I would be more offended at the 100k gold cost though. From other posts i have read,it seems the pet process is in need of some major revisions. :?

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
Been here...done this...

Savage Wildclaw + Brown Spider = Brown spider less strength
Guardian Dragon + Azure Dragon = Azure Dragon less strength
Defender Pig + Flamezilla = Flamezilla less strength

Not working too good for me-- that's nearly 300,000 gold spent with no gain and KI support uses the "chance" clause to explain it all away as my tough luck. And not their . . . system.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
I wrote Kings Isle concerning this and this was the response :

Response (KingsIsle Support) 06/21/2010 01:44 PM
Hi there,

I do apologize for the confusion, young wizard. When you hatch a new pet, it is possible that you will get a pet that looks the same as your original pet. However, your new pet will have a different set of stats, abilities, and talents. If you hatch a pet with a friend, it is possible that you will both get different pets with different abilities, but this is rare and will not happen often. If you have any further questions about this, please let me know.

Regards,
KingsIsle Support

So I'm guessing its a gamble if you do it. Just be aware when you do you may not get what you want.