Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ultra Pets?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 02, 2009
I have great things to say about Mega level pets. They get an additional pet ability and derby slot. But Ultra I don't feel should be attempted until KI gives players a reason to do the upgrade. A jewel is not a good reason to waste the time and gold on Ultra level pets. The pet should unlock another ability at Ultra. Ultra level is a bait-and-switch tactic now. I believe in this game and have two Master accounts. I keep spending the time and cash to support this game because I like the game and want to share a positive playing experience with my son. My life character finally got to Ultra and got a level 15 jewel for more power. I honestly feel like I got punched because I was assuming that like Mega the Ultra would unlock another pet ability.

KI does not explain anywhere what Ultra level gives. I must say I am very sad that the players have to find out after spending the time, crowns, gold and energy. KI needs to rethink their Ultra pet level and make it better than Mega. It costs nothing and would generate more crowns and player interest if they change it.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Generally train to Ultra only if you already have an Ultra jewel you know you want to use.

More tips and information here:
http://wizard.mercenaries101.com/power-up-your-pet/

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Granted, taking your pet(s) to Ultra gives them a jewel for selfish talents. However, I do find these jewels come in handy, especially when your pet is lacking the stat numbers to boost damage/resist/crit/block, etc.

Most of my pets are at or near all 250 stat. The selfish talents (until I get a better jewel) are excellent to use. I have one pet, a Nightwalker. With the selfish jewel, his manifested talents are now 7% accuracy, +7% damage, +6% defy, +11% proof, & Fairy. Each of his talents boosted by one, which helps.

I have not taken all of my pets to Ultra, but the ones I have, the jewel they get has benefited me and my pet, plus I am able to equip jewels that dropped during quests if they need the pet level to be at Ultra.

Explorer
Nov 23, 2011
I have to say, after having moved two pets to Ultra, I will not be doing it with any more unless either KI does something to make it more attractive or as Prince of Shadows says I find a really useful Ultra jewel.

When Gizmo the monkey made Ultra, for example, he received a Jewel that increased his Strength by 65. It is of course possible to receive a Jewel that boosts an attribute that does not affect any ability your pet has, but in this case I was pleased because two of Gizmo's abilities, Spell-Proof and Pip o'Plenty. So I bumped his strength up the 65 points and discovered it had no affect on Pip o'Plenty at all, and boosted Spell-Proof one point (from 10% to 11%). Yup, 2,000 points of training at 10 energy points per game, for a 1-ppoint bump! Not even remotely worth the time and energy and snacks to do.

I do not now remember what the random Ultra jewel Sasha the Judgement received, but it bumped an attribute that did not affect any of Sasha's talents.

A nice idea - but needs work!

-Michael