Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training pets

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 07, 2009
i have trained pets for all my characters. And still am. I dont have a lot of time and when I play I do quests. Maybe you could pay with crowns to grow your pet. Of course not everyone can do this. How about a quest or two where your pet could get older after you do a quest? sometimes it is hard to train my pets. I see other people with pets and wonder...Man!! How much do they play!! A lot of us older players dont have the extra time to play. It was just a thought. Alot of other things are being done with crowns, the crown shop. A growing spell from the crown shop for one of your pets. Put the card/spell in a deck of cards or sell it seperate.

Administrator
Please see the following update that will make it easier to level your pet.
https://www.wizard101.com/game/update-notes/november2011#PetFeeding

Higher valued items including Crowns items when fed to your pet return a larger reward.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Mar 07, 2009
i was thinking if you had a baby and you bought a potion or a spell card that you could grow it up to adult. Or if you had an adult you could grow it up to the next level. Even having pet quests to accomplish it. I do crafting along with the game quests to level up. so many worlds. As an adult player I dont have a lot of time. Hence the reason I play and then I dont play. I get frustrated. I love the game KI. It is just hard with the time the game takes. It would be nice to be able to combine pets like the ones I see. i dont have that kind of time to train and buy snacks. but i am still doing it.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
nightcrawler1212 wrote:
i have trained pets for all my characters. And still am. I dont have a lot of time and when I play I do quests. Maybe you could pay with crowns to grow your pet. Of course not everyone can do this. How about a quest or two where your pet could get older after you do a quest? sometimes it is hard to train my pets. I see other people with pets and wonder...Man!! How much do they play!! A lot of us older players dont have the extra time to play. It was just a thought. Alot of other things are being done with crowns, the crown shop. A growing spell from the crown shop for one of your pets. Put the card/spell in a deck of cards or sell it seperate.

You can feed items to your pets and have a chance at gaining experience, or you can buy Mega Snack packs and train your pet very quickly. Each pack contains 245xp not including points you earn from playing the games, if you do play them.

You get in each mega snack pack
1 mega snack worth 50 xp
1 mega snack worth 45 xp
1 mega snack worth 40 xp
2 mega snacks worth 30 xp
2 mega snacks worth 25 xp

There are also plants that you can grow that drop mega snacks.

Prickly bears drop rank 8 mega snacks worth 25 xp each, these do not cost crowns.

Evil magma pease cost crowns, but drop 1 rank 9 mega snack at every elder harvest and give you a pea back to plant again.

Hope these help you.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Generally what a lot of people do is they farm waterworks and/or mirror lake just to get mega snacks. I am guilty of it myself, but hey it is super effective and makes training pets just so much easier. i can litterally play 3 pet games and my pet will be teen already(from baby of course). thats generally how a lot of people are able to get their pets to epic, however it isnt the only way.

I do however like the idea and i do agree. maybe not give us a whole pet level up but experiece in a potion or a mega snack or 2.

just my thoughts...
Kevin Deaththorn level 70 storm

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
Thanks for all the help and info dont get a lot of crowns. But once in a while I will buy the mega snacks.

Thanks again

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I would vote the route of planting evil magma peas. They are low maintenance and take very little time if you have all the "likes."
Mega snacks can be used but they contain a couple rank 8 snacks (lower xp).
I have been running the 32 plant pea garden for a couple of weeks and one garden will train a baby to ancient (easily), or ancient to epic. I train a new sea dragon every night almost from baby to adult and still always have megas when the new crop goes elder.
High initial investment, but pays off rather quickly.