Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training for a specific stat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 04, 2011
So i was wondering if there is a way to train for something specific, like for example i want my pet to give me resist to all schools, and i try to aim for just agility and strength but it never happens.

Now i know that only certain pets have it but like i trained the sea dragon to do that, and i suppose it did in a sense, it gave me tower shield but not the resist. Also trained about 5 others in that same sense.

So i was wondering if there is a technique to aim for a certain thing or what.

Any ideas?

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
xNightmares wrote:
So i was wondering if there is a way to train for something specific, like for example i want my pet to give me resist to all schools, and i try to aim for just agility and strength but it never happens.

Now i know that only certain pets have it but like i trained the sea dragon to do that, and i suppose it did in a sense, it gave me tower shield but not the resist. Also trained about 5 others in that same sense.

Any ideas?

Not exactly does you pet status has to do with your battle status. It's just a toss of Freddy Nine Lives's lucky coin. You might get a pet status you like or not, but training a pet without the chance of getting a talent you want at all will be a total disaster.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
xNightmares wrote:

Any ideas?

That's not how pet training goes. The stats don't matter until AFTER your pet gives you a skill. Here's an example: Someone was training their hydra pet, it gave them power pip chance. You boost up the 2 stats that show pips, then depending on how much you boost the pip boosters, the higher the pip chance your pet will offer you. If you were to boost up the pet's stats before it got the boost, they will still apply. The pet gains its stats randomly, unless it's hatched with, it's going to get its parent skills. Hope this helps

Survivor
Apr 04, 2011
joujou11cool wrote:
xNightmares wrote:

Any ideas?

That's not how pet training goes. The stats don't matter until AFTER your pet gives you a skill. Here's an example: Someone was training their hydra pet, it gave them power pip chance. You boost up the 2 stats that show pips, then depending on how much you boost the pip boosters, the higher the pip chance your pet will offer you. If you were to boost up the pet's stats before it got the boost, they will still apply. The pet gains its stats randomly, unless it's hatched with, it's going to get its parent skills. Hope this helps

yes very much ty