Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tips for training pets fast?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 24, 2012
Hiya fellow wizards, I am Cole MoonGem and I'm a Balance wizard, with Death as my secondary school. I have a question about training pets, so I'll get to the point right away.

I'm asking if anyone knows good tips for training pets quickly. I see some wizards with pets at the Ancient or Epic age, and I have no idea how they managed to do that with just four, boring training games. The reason I am asking this is simple: like I said, I'm a Balance wizard, and I would LOVE to have a Scarecrow pet - my friend said that that is impossible because Scarecrows are Death only pets. But he also said that he had a very similar pet: a Stormcaller, so now I'm busy training my Ninja Pig until he's Adult so we can hatch together... but those training games are so boring! :( I actually only play the Maze Game because it's (in my opinion) the least boring.

So if anyone has some tips on how to quickly train pets, I'd love to hear them. :)

Cole MoonGem
Balance Wizard
Master Sorcerer

Defender
Mar 11, 2011
There are some things you have to consider in your post.

1. ScareCrow is death school only, but the hybrids are not. You still cannot use the 8-pip scarecrow it gives you.

2. If you hatch a so called "noob" ninja pig 31 with a scarecrow 59 you will not get a scarecrow, you will get a ninja pig with mixed talents.

3. You can only get a possible hybrid with your lvl 58 pet judgement pet and you can get a hybrid.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I would say feed the highest snacks that you can afford to your pet. The games (cannon is my favorite) account for very little of the xp that your pet gets, or could get. Mega snacks make it a breeze to train up your pets.
Gardening Evil Magma Peas is a nice way. They are low maintenance and quick with all the likes. I run the 32 plant garden and set up a 6 plant one for my kids. They drop a seed at elder too, so you can perpetually harvest snacks this way.
If you are looking for a gold only way, hang at the bazaar and keep refreshing pet snacks and sort by rank. Buy the highest ranking ones you can. You can see some good snacks show up, but they move quickly.
I also think that Prickly Bear Cactus can drop a mega, and one of the bread fruit bushes has a chance to drop a mega.
Best of luck!

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
mega pet snacks.

Evil Magma Peas: Rank 9 megas
Bread Bushes (all kinds ) : Golden Wheat Bread (Rank 9)
Baby carrots: Baby carrots (rank 8)
Prickly Bear cactus: Crab apples (8) and something else.
Deadly Helephant ears: Rank 8 megas
Maelstrom Snap Dragons: Chance of Mystic Dragon Fruit and something else at elder (Rank 9)
Mirror lake: Each run gives 2 pixie sticks. (rank 8)

Hope this helped!