Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tips?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 09, 2012
Tips on creating a pet that has all heals? I don't have any at the moment and I don't want to use my current pets with bad stats to mix with a good healing pet. I am unsure on how to do it.

Also, I this goes for war and resist pets. I want to have one of them be all damage and critical, and the other have all resistance, but the current pets that I have are very bad and I don't want to mix those stats with good ones

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
You could get a new pet that has the talents you want in it's potential mix, train to adult, and hatch with a pet that does have great talents. You could take one of the pets you have which is less trained, If any of them don't have all talents revealed, hatch with a good pet, train that baby to adult, then hatch again with a good pet, gradually improving their pedigree with each hatch. Choosing pets from the other wizard's collection that have the talents you are looking for already revealed will help. Even a so called 'bad talent" might be potentially helpful when combined with the right talents. Pet stats that boost the resist talent could make the resist stronger, if you are specifically looking for pets with high resist talents. You might not want the pet stats, but if they boost what your work in progress gets as talents, it might still be a useful talent, as you work on your dream pets.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2011
If you have a pet with a heal, try to hatch with someone that has a different heal. Before you know it, you will have a pet with 2 heals. Then stop training that pet and try to hatch with someone with a different heal. I say to stop training because once you develop a single undesirable talent, hatching with that pet will be difficult.

I train all pets to adult, unless the first talent is useless. Once at adult, if that pet is unique in any way, I will hatch at least once (maybe more) before taking it to ancient. Remember, once you get something undesirable, it's probably best to retire that pet and move on.

I hatch with myself more often than with others.

If you are serious about training the perfect pet, you need mega snacks. Learn about growing Evil Magma Peas or Couch Potatoes and go from there.

If all you have are bad pets, then you're going to have a challenge finding someone with a good pet willing to hatch with you. If your pet doesn't offer anything of value to others, why would they hatch with you? It will cost them gold, and use up a hatching timer slot. You need at least one pet at Adult with both talents as desirable in order to even attract someone with a good pet. Even then, it will be hard. The more good talents you bring to the table, the better you can expect the other pet to be.

If you have only bad pets, but you have crowns, then you can possibly get people to hatch with you by buying the newest pets. I recall many years ago when the Nightmare was first released. Everybody had to have one, so I bought one and trained it to adult. The talents weren't special (but also weren't horrible). I was able to hatch that pet at least 4 or 5 times with better pets. Once the new pet is no longer the hottest thing, then you will have to bring a good pet to the hatchery if you want other good pets to hatch with you. Don't rush out and buy a crown-shop pet though. You need to see a clear demand if you plan to go this route.