Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Pet Training System: What Needs To Change

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 31, 2009
I doubt there is a single person on wizard101 that doesn't have at least one failed pet, mostly at epic. For example, my icehound had three amazing talents, iceblade, spell proof and spell defy. Then I finally, after about 3 weeks of hard work, I got it to epic. It got health gift and gave me 38 health. KI, if you are listening, something NEEDS to change about how the hatching and pet system works. What should happen is after your pet reaches adult, you could see the next two talents it would manifest. What needs to happen is at least be able to see what they will manifest at epic. If you spend the massive amount of time getting the 1875 experience needed, at least make it worthwhile.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
I know it's epic, but if you keep training it and increase its agility, will, (and power, if it's not already at max) then the amount of health you get from health gift will increase. the bonus it gives is dependant on its ability scores. -eli and crew

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
etherchaos wrote:
I know it's epic, but if you keep training it and increase its agility, will, (and power, if it's not already at max) then the amount of health you get from health gift will increase. the bonus it gives is dependant on its ability scores. -eli and crew

I'd rather have spritely than a handful of extra hps.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
It really must be frustrating to work so hard and not really get much for all that work and effort that you put in. But you have to see that there are always two sides to each case. If you got an awesome talent you wouldn't be upset.. But just like the old saying goes "You win some & you lose some". It doesn't mean it's KingsIsle's fault!!!