Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The banshee pet!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 07, 2011
I battle lord nightshade about 20 times today with a friend and he got the banshee over and over again but all i got was stuff i can't use! Is there a trick to getting it, or do i just have bad luck?

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Pet drops are perhaps the rarest drops in the entire game. Maybe once in a blue moon can you get a pet from an opponent, and that's if you have average luck. Super lucky people can get the same pet from the same creature again and again, but unlucky people will probably never get that pet.

It's all about luck. I had to farm Prince Alicane for hours until he dropped the Sprite I was looking for (I'm trying to hatch a Helephant with more Agility).

Keep trying and you may get it eventually, but if you don't, oh well, I guess.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Some people say that if you aren't first in the battle circle that you have a higher chance of getting better drops. It might be just a rumor though.

Explorer
Mar 04, 2009
You've just got bad luck. Drops are not influenced by anything other than the number of monsters in the fight that drop that particular item.

Explorer
Jan 08, 2011
Dragonheart500 wrote:
I battle lord nightshade about 20 times today with a friend and he got the banshee over and over again but all i got was stuff i can't use! Is there a trick to getting it, or do i just have bad luck?
Let me tell ya what, I got the Blue Banshee but, it took me over 34 times! SHEESH! It takes some patiance, but you'll get it someday. Hope that helped! :D

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
Well, there is ONE trick. It gives you a high chance, battling lord nightshade gives off rare stuff, (SORTA) Always go in second. You can get a banshee. There's also another pet. Midnight Sprite, gives you the card Dark Fairy. And battle Rattlebones for a Myth Pixie. Here's a list of some other pets!

Krokopatra: Life Troll

Level 48 Balance Quest:Hydra

Etc.

Level 48 pets and cards:

Hydra and Power Nova for balance

Wraith and Scarecrow for death

Orthrus and Orthrus for myth (lol)

Satyr and Rebirth for Life

Collosus and Frost Giant for Ice

Stormzilla and Storm Lord for storm (Such a shocker!!)

Helephant and Fire Dragon for Fire

Good luck!!!

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
It takes sheer endurance. It took me an entire day to obtain the Mander pet from Kiwu in this fashion, and the battles were quick and no quests in between, just like Lord Nightshade.

But if you truly love the pet it will be worth it in the end! Keep trying!...Or just try to hatch with someone's Banshee instead :P

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I have the banshee but it's ice. Name is Saffron Ghostheart. I can hatch with you if you'd like.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
probably bad luck
If you really want a pet farm to test your skill try malistaire and Astreus
Malistaire: drops Storm hound both crown and pet
Astreaus: Sea dragon best pvp or pve pet in game both crown and pet