Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Talking to your pet?

AuthorMessage
Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Do you talk to your pets? Do you give them the "good boy" or "good girl?"
If so, Why? Do you think it increases their chance for spritely, or boost them somehow?
Does it bug you when other people talk to their pets?
What is the deal with talking to pets?

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
FinnAgainWindrider,

Q:Do you talk to your pets?
A: Yeah.

Q:Do you give them the "good boy" or "good girl?"
A: Yeah.

Q:If so, Why?
A: To reward it for doing spritely etc.

Q:Do you think it increases their chance for spritely, or boost them somehow?
A: Nope. KI would've mentioned that.

Q:Does it bug you when other people talk to their pets?
A: Not on a daily basis.

Q:What is the deal with talking to pets?
A: Some people do it because other people do it and some people just do it for fun, because they feel that their pet needs to be rewarded in some way. Some people even do it because they're lonely when they solo on quests. It's not a bad thing to do.

Your Fellow Wizard,
Miranda Thundergem LVL55

Survivor
Jun 16, 2013
I am yet to talk to my pets using game chat but I have literally talked to my computer screen as if they could actually hear me. Lol!

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Personally I talk to my pets all the time, to reward for spritely, or other spell casts, but mostly just cause I talk to pets in real life too. I don't think it really makes a difference to the in game pet, but it gives something to do that is positive.

I also like to compliment other people on their pets, since the choice of pet is also a reflection on the pet owner, and I think people generally like their pets

I just wondered what other folks think about this. I know some people don't like much chat in battles, or don't care much about pets, but others seem to really enjoy it.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
I like doing it, and just 'cause my Phoenix RARELY uses fire trap, I mostly say VERY, VERY, VERY GOOD GIRL!! I love all my game pets, but Amber the Phoenix is my favorite! (sorry chico and libby!)

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
Squire
Jul 28, 2011
  • Yes, I talk to Lucky, my chameleon often. She is sooooo cute and heals and protects me a lot. I say "good girl" and sometimes I will strike up conversation on lonley solo quests Yes, when she doesn't fizzle, heals and protects As a treat for helping me I think it increases chances. Sometimes when I say good girl, Lucky will cast again No, I like talking to Lucky also I like to talk to Lucky because she is awesome and cute. And on lonely solo quests, I just see her, and will type in something to talk to her. I wish she could answer

From Angela Dragonstone level 86 and Lucky The chameleon