Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Taking away card pet talents

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 21, 2010
I level pets and its a huge disapointment to get a card talent. it is just one more card i discard at a battle.and to make it worse its an epic talent so you cant ever get rid of the talent that gives them. So i suggest 1 of 2 things either take away the card talents whom no wizard likes or plz make them an uncommon talent so at high pedigree pets dont get it i am adding to post as of feedback. name card talents you like or would like to have and name ecxisting ones you dont. as for dude who post the 4 feints thing or girl who wants one there called amulets and no one needs 4 feints for any boss unless you want to make a overkill which is usless cause its not like you get better drops for it :)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
1BLUE1 wrote:
I level pets and its a huge disapointment to get a card talent. it is just one more card i discard at a battle.and to make it worse its an epic talent so you cant ever get rid of the talent that gives them. So i suggest 1 of 2 things either take away the card talents whom no wizard likes or plz make them an uncommon talent so at high pedigree pets dont get it

I don't think you understand just how good card talents are for pets! They have been updated. Now, any card talents your pet gets, you pet casts! So, those bosses that cheat, your pets can use those cards without any reprocushions! That is a super mega bonus if you ask me. You can cast shields, or feints, or blades without the enemy doing anything to you for it!

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
1BLUE1 wrote:
I level pets and its a huge disapointment to get a card talent. it is just one more card i discard at a battle.and to make it worse its an epic talent so you cant ever get rid of the talent that gives them. So i suggest 1 of 2 things either take away the card talents whom no wizard likes or plz make them an uncommon talent so at high pedigree pets dont get it

Many people select pets due to the cards they give. You may discard them, but others do use them. Just select pets to train that have no cards in their pedigree possibilities.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
I'm thinking the original poster means card spells pierce monger, disarmament, plague bringer, and similar cards that need to come up at the exact right moment to be useful.

Survivor
May 21, 2010
let me ask ya something? what would you rather get spell proof which is 10% percent resist or a feint card which you use once? the card which "pet cast" is one time and after that the talent is useless.

Historian
May 01, 2010
1BLUE1 wrote:
let me ask ya something? what would you rather get spell proof which is 10% percent resist or a feint card which you use once? the card which "pet cast" is one time and after that the talent is useless.

i would choose fient, 10% is really too low to be usefull and are blown away with todays boosts, and i dont have a feint so it would be very useful

Survivor
May 21, 2010
random1self wrote:
I'm thinking the original poster means card spells pierce monger, disarmament, plague bringer, and similar cards that need to come up at the exact right moment to be useful.
yes that indeed is to what i refer plus card talents take away the possibility to get an even better talent like pip o plenty, spell proof, spell defy. spritely, may cast pierce, pain giver, may cast talents really all of those would be better than a card talent in my opinion.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
1BLUE1 wrote:

Useless? Did you know, that feint, can be used with a normal feint, treasure feint, and the amulet feint! Giving whomever you are attacking major damage! +70% +70% + 70% +75%! Now, excuse me, but how is that useless?

What may be useless to you, might be what someone would love. Any Balance or death would absolutely love this, even storm when fighting cuthalla!

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Useless? Did you know, that feint, can be used with a normal feint, treasure feint, and the amulet feint! Giving whomever you are attacking major damage! +70% +70% + 70% +75%! Now, excuse me, but how is that useless?

What may be useless to you, might be what someone would love. Any Balance or death would absolutely love this, even storm when fighting cuthalla!

That's also three +30% and a +25% to you too. plus it takes 4 pips to cast all of them.

To me 4 feints seems unnecessary unless you need to hit for 6 digits every time?

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
Armiger
May 10, 2010
random1self wrote:
darthjt wrote:

That's also three +30% and a +25% to you too. plus it takes 4 pips to cast all of them.

To me 4 feints seems unnecessary unless you need to hit for 6 digits every time?

6 digits? I was thinking more like 9 digits everytime! But, hey, settle for less, it's your choice!

Point being, cards are not useless! If you don't like a card you get on a pet, hatch again and maybe next time, you wont get that card!

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
darthjt wrote:

6 digits? I was thinking more like 9 digits everytime! But, hey, settle for less, it's your choice!

Point being, cards are not useless! If you don't like a card you get on a pet, hatch again and maybe next time, you wont get that card!

Sorry, big 9 digit hits aren't impressive. Anyone can do it with enough traps and blades. Being able to effectively deal with enemies without stacking 4 big traps on a single enemy and yourself doesn't seem the most efficient or impressive way ;)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
random1self wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Sorry, big 9 digit hits aren't impressive. Anyone can do it with enough traps and blades. Being able to effectively deal with enemies without stacking 4 big traps on a single enemy and yourself doesn't seem the most efficient or impressive way ;)

I was being sarcastic!

No, you don't need to place 4 feints on every enemy, but what I was saying, is the feint card from a pet, can be cast by a pet and used on bosses that cheat and don't allow traps. Your pet can cast a feint and it not be removed by cheating bosses, or cuthalla casting a shield because of it.

My point was, that some cards that pets have as talents, are quite useful!