Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell-Proof

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
I have a mega onyx shenlong dragon pet and it has spell proof and spell defy and proof gives +10% and defy gives +5% which adds up to 15% total resist given from my dragon On my character page, it only displays that it gives +14% from my pet instead of 15% I know a lot of players also have this problem with their pets that have +10% on spell-proof KI fix this
Kenneth Night

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
Sorry but mine is worst. I got a 15% resist from a pet. He only give me 14% in the stats. My resist was 27%, and my pet give me 41%. It suppose to be 42%

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
Yeah man its the same problem with +10% proof pets or +15% school wards

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Your pet is working just as it is supposed to. Don't worry about the display values. The display round to whole numbers, but your true resist in combat is based on your pet's actual starts.

The reason for the difference in display is that the stats on the pet show each talent, but your character stats show the total.

Proof 9.6 - Pet display rounds to 10

Defy 4.8 - Pet display rounds to 5

But 9.6+4.8 = 14.4 so wizard display rounds to 14

When you get hit with damage, your resist will be your pet's real value -- in this case 14.4 -- no matter what the display says.