Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Something game can do to help

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I have noticed this for some time now. I felt that maybe the game might be able to make some changes with it.
When you get a pet drop, can you tell what school that pet will be from when you look at it as it drops? Even in egg form I cant see what school it will be for. I got the silverback wildclaw as a drop many times now. I dont know what school it will be from because in Egg form and when it is dropped you cant see. Perhaps there is a way and I am not seeing it.
Could someone help me, or is this just the way it is. You dont know what school until it hatches. Sure we all know a fire cat will be fire. But when you have several bosses and the pet drops, then what boss will it follow? Wildclaw? what school is this? I mean i could research it and find out but wouldnt it be much better if the game just put a school with the pet in egg or drop form.........I guess there is more fun in waiting like a gift being unwrapped......

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
No it doesn't tell you what school while in egg form, yet the icon does tell you what the pet will be, but only that brief moment that it flashes. Your right one can simply look it up online to figure it out, so it would be more convenient for the game to tell you. Most players will not agree, but I would rather the pet be kept secret until it hatches. Therefore my surprise is at the hatching and not the drop stage.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Left something out of my previous reply...

I believe the name of the egg, implies a school for the pet, but not sure if that is universal. Example some death pets are hatched from necromantic eggs, some life pets are hatched out of evanescence eggs.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
If you leave it in your backpack and click on the pet tab it will tell you what school it is from.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
tweetybird18428 wrote:
If you leave it in your backpack and click on the pet tab it will tell you what school it is from.

Tweetybird is correct. The school icon is located to the left of the egg name under your pets tab. You might have to cycle through some of your pets if you keep them in your backpack.