Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should I train my pet?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 08, 2016
So I am a level 48 fire and I jus finished Dragon -spyre. I am starting Celestia and my pet is ultra. It is a charred grimhorn with fairy, Sprite, unicorn, and 5 fire account. Should I watch my pet again with a damage pet, or keep going?

Survivor
Jun 28, 2018
As of know I am guessing that you are higher level what stage is your pet at?

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
Hatching another pet would not be a bad idea. Go to the kiosk and look for pets with critical strike, critical block, all the talents that have the critical wand symbol. Also look for one that has blades for you. As you advance and improve collect as many different blades as you can so you can defeat your enemy in one strike. Then you only need one healing talent. Your pet can be a great asset for you so train him (or her) up to be fierce. If you haven't done Grizzleheim and Wintertusk this might be a good time to at least start on those. Around level 56 - 57 you will win an egg for a nice Fire pet from there. The eggs are matched to your school. Celestia will test you so this is a good time to shift your focus more toward strength and power. Changing your gear for more criticals instead of life score will also help you. You've learned how the game works. Now it's time to beef up and start the next tier. Good luck with your hatching.

Sydney Skyblood lvl 102 Fire

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Marvelous Madem on Oct 26, 2018 wrote:
So I am a level 48 fire and I jus finished Dragon -spyre. I am starting Celestia and my pet is ultra. It is a charred grimhorn with fairy, Sprite, unicorn, and 5 fire account. Should I watch my pet again with a damage pet, or keep going?
Oooh cool, you're about to start getting critical!

At this level I'd be looking for one of the following:

Fire-Dealer, Fire-Giver, Pain-Giver + double critical (if I am dealing damage and surviving well)
Fire-Dealer, Fire-Giver, Pain-Giver, Spell-Proof and Fairy Friend (if I am mainly solo and like the heal)
Fire-Dealer, Fire-Giver, Pain-Giver, Spell-Proof and Spell-Defying (if I don't need the heal)
Fire-Dealer, Fire-Giver, Pain-Giver, Pain-Bringer and Spell-Proof (if I don't care for critical)

I would NOT go for block talents (they are too small a percentage to be worth sacrificing a talent slot)
I would look for a pet that gives a single fire blade to stack with my other blades OR go for an enchanted armament for the sharpen blade cards.
I wouldn't want more than one maycast heal
Furnace is also good, it triggers often and gives a nice boost
I'd check what star jewels I have available and go for talents that allow me to use my jewel as a further boost
Fire-Dealer is a must-have on any finished fire pet

If you'd like me to add pets to the kiosk for you (max stat, mega pets with clean pool) let me know what talent combo you like most for your wizard and play-style and I'll pop them into the kiosk for you and let you know what's there

I hope this helps, happy hatching!