Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Selfish" Talents Question

AuthorMessage
Champion
May 03, 2011
So I know no one wants these talents--"crafty," "attentive," etc. And I know that they are supposed to boost your pet's stats in specific categories, like Will or Agility or whatever. However, I am not sure what this means in real terms. I am assuming that there must be some good purpose for these talents. I was wondering if anyone could give me a numerical (mathematical, but keep it simple :-) ) example as to how a "selfish" talent might actually help improve a pet's stats or performance? I can't believe that the developers just put these in so that we would have to work to get rid of them. Does anyone have anything to say in their defense? Is there a reason one might want to keep them, instead of hatching them out?

Defender
May 29, 2011
tabby714 wrote:
So I know no one wants these talents--"crafty," "attentive," etc. And I know that they are supposed to boost your pet's stats in specific categories, like Will or Agility or whatever. However, I am not sure what this means in real terms. I am assuming that there must be some good purpose for these talents. I was wondering if anyone could give me a numerical (mathematical, but keep it simple :-) ) example as to how a "selfish" talent might actually help improve a pet's stats or performance? I can't believe that the developers just put these in so that we would have to work to get rid of them. Does anyone have anything to say in their defense? Is there a reason one might want to keep them, instead of hatching them out?

Well, there not selffish talents, there derby talents. The more agility or will you have the less moral it'll cost on that terrain. As a pet derby warlord, they would be usefull in my eyes. They put them in for us "derby people". Actual, there should be a whole different post topic place for pet derby

Champion
May 03, 2011
Well, there not selffish talents, there derby talents.

I'm not certain, but I don't think the talents I am referring to are Derby talents--simply because each pet already has a set of 4 Derby talents. These talents--"crafty," etc., appear on the non-Derby talent list, along with the "good" talents like Spritely, Spell-Proof, etc. That's why I am confused about them.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
tabby714 wrote:

Okay, as simple as possible.

If you take strength and add agility then multiply by 2 then add in power and divide by 125 you get spell proof.

If you do the same, except divide by 250, you get spell defy.

An example:
240 Strength
250 Intelligence
250 Agility
225 Will
250 Power

240 + 250 = 490 * 2 = 980 + 250 = 1230/125 = 9.84

9.50 and above is a 10 proof pet
9.49 and below is a 9 proof pet

Hope this helps

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
Say you have a wraith pet, with the death-giver talent (more death damage) its default attribute limits are:

Strength: 250
Intellect: 250
Agility: 100
Will: 200
Power: 250

Death giver caculation is (2*Strength + 2*Will + Power)/200

So at max with default atributes it wil give you (2*250 + 2*200 + 250)/200 = 5.75, or 6% damage

Now say you had picked up the "selfish" talent crafty, which gives you an extra 50 will power.

With crafy the caculation becomes (2*250 + 2*250 + 250)/200 = 6.25, so still at 6% damage