Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School of your Pet

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 13, 2010
I had not paid much attention to the "school" of my pet rat magician, who is Myth.

I got him up to adult level today and gained a plus to all my myth spells! WAIT! I am a balance wiz, so this doesn't help me. :(

So I want to buy a good balance pet, but in the pet store there is no hint as to what school each of these pets will have.

Is this supposed to be guesswork? Lots of other information seems to be there on each pet but not their school.

If this is supposed to be a surprise to the purchaser, it seems a bit unfair to ask people to spend so much money only to the a pet that will not be helpful to them.

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
I decided to try buying the Jade Oni. I figured, since he came with a balance spell, maybe he would be a good balance pet for me.

I was so disappointed after spending so many crowns, to find that he is a Myth pet. :(

This really seems to be an unfair system of obtaining an appropriate pet.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2009
Nicely spoken. I falso found myself guessing the schools of the pe
ts. Assuming a cyclops would be a Myth pet, I was wrong, it is Ice. If I had known, I would have spent my precious gold on another pet, like the Goat Monk, that looks very Balance, but turns out to be Myth.

Explorer
Mar 06, 2011
that is pretty unfair but there is a loophole for some pets. if there is an enimy that is also a pet (but take note this does not work for all pets exsample:blue banshee spell:death pet:ice.) like before you buy a ninja pig go look at the thing that looks like it most.