Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

same pet from hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 17, 2009
i am sick and tired of spending all this gold time after time to hatch an still get nothing but my same pet again. this is really frustrating. i have been hatching for weeks now and everytime i hatch i get my same pet back. so kingsIsle why are you making us pay this much in gold to hatch if all your gonna do is let it give us our same pets again?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
southerncubb wrote:
i am sick and tired of spending all this gold time after time to hatch an still get nothing but my same pet again. this is really frustrating. i have been hatching for weeks now and everytime i hatch i get my same pet back. so kingsIsle why are you making us pay this much in gold to hatch if all your gonna do is let it give us our same pets again?

Depending on which pet you are trying to hatch, you will ALWAYS get the same looking pet back, but with possibly different stats. Which pet are you trying to get?

Survivor
Mar 17, 2009
any pet i try to hatch with, i get my same pet back instead of the one im hatchin with for. and yet again today i got my same pet back from hatching with a ice bird

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
Not all pets are able to create hybrids. Only some. What pet are you using that you keep getting duplicates of? Might it be easier to farm for some other pets?

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
Oh, BTW, Ice Bird is a drop from Nightwing in Ravenscar on Grizzleheim. I trained mine to ancient and gave it to my son. Has some nice stat boosts.

Survivor
Mar 17, 2009
nightwing, you mean the little black birds flying around? any specific areas in girzz?

Survivor
Mar 17, 2009
and i did try different pets, i have a balance blade dragon, a rain beetle, and snake in a basket i have been trying with :(

Survivor
Mar 17, 2009
oh btw im not trying to get a hybrid pet, i am just trying to get the other pet. like i wanted storm hound an ice bird, so i hatched with someone who had it, to try an get it.....thats all i am doing... :)

Defender
Jan 09, 2011
Survivor
Nov 08, 2008
Squire
Jan 21, 2010
You rarely get the other players pet. I am told that it is easier to get a copy of someone else pet if the pet you are using has a higher pedigree than theirs.
The number below/ beside the helix/DNA symbol.
On the other hand, snake in a basket has a rather high pedigree.
From what I hear, all of the special effects in hatching: hybrids, getting a pet you didn't have, and getting skills from the other person's pet; these all have a very low rate of occurring. If you just have bad luck when hatching you may never get a special hatching effect.

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
southerncubb wrote:

i have the same problum and i got 6 life banshees

mary green blom lev 31

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
Remember the hatching process is totally random and you will normally get the pet with the lower pedigree.

Quinn Wildsword
level 44
master theurgist