Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reset Pet Talents?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 06, 2010
Is there a way to reset pet talents?

Say you get to epic and don't like the talents, can you reset the talents and retrain the pet?

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
Not that I'm aware of. I would love for my satyr to cast spirty but it probably won't. I don't train my pets past adult right now.
If you can buy the pet, buy another. The talents are random. You can also hatch with someone to get the talents you want.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Desferous wrote:

Say you get to epic and don't like the talents, can you reset the talents and retrain the pet?

They should, but they don't. It'd cost a fair sum of crowns to reset 1 pet boost.

Explorer
Dec 25, 2010
Oh gosh I might invest in that if you could get rid of one talent minus getting rid of all four.

Explorer
Nov 06, 2010
What is meant by you can hatch with people to get the talents you want?

I am trying to get Pip O Plenty on my ninja pig. All I can do is hope for the best right?

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
Desferous wrote:

LOL
The Talents are predetermined at the time of the Hatch, so resetting would just cause you to retrain for the exact same manifestation of Talents.

You should Hatch your Ninja Pig with a pet that has already manifested Pip O'Plenty. Another Ninja Pig that has manifested POP would be optimal, if you can find one.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
bcbdla wrote:
Desferous wrote:

LOL
The Talents are predetermined at the time of the Hatch, so resetting would just cause you to retrain for the exact same manifestation of Talents.

That's presuming that we wouldn't get a new set of talents when we resist them. And if they did offer that option without giving us a new set of talents, it would be a huge waste of crowns.

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
Desferous wrote:
What is meant by you can hatch with people to get the talents you want?

I am trying to get Pip O Plenty on my ninja pig. All I can do is hope for the best right?

Is it the Balance Ninja Pig from the petshop? If it is, try hatching with someone who has a Hydra, all level 48 pets get pip O plenty and hatching with a Hydra won't cause you to end up with strange non-school talents on your pet.

In the same vien, if it's the Death Ninja, try a Wraith or maybe a Fierce Hound with pip o plenty. If you try with the Hound, you may also get Spritely.

Be prepared to take the new pet you hatched and use it to hatch another new pet, hopefully with the same Hydra, Wraith, whatever, until you get the talents that you are looking for

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
Historian
May 01, 2010
bcbdla wrote:
Desferous wrote:

LOL

You should Hatch your Ninja Pig with a pet that has already manifested Pip O'Plenty. Another Ninja Pig that has manifested POP would be optimal, if you can find one.

i actually think the talents are based on HOW you train it what stats you train from the begging, otherwise, it would be hard to go through the MILLIONS of pets and assign talents to each one of them