Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

rare hatching and foul requests

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 27, 2011
I would like to bring to the devs attention some facts that troubled me these last weeks.

After completing my wizard training, i decided to go for a good pet, and started the tedious hatching process. Arrived to a certain point, I couldnt really find any way to improve my hatching other than mixing my pet with somebody else's one.

And here the thing started. I noticed some good pets in the hatchery, and asked their owner if they were looking for something to improve them that i could provide (i believe in fair trade).
At first these people say "no, thanks". So I usually leave them alone and keep scanning around. But sometimes, i had people asking for crown shop items, to which i answered no, obviously. Recently this behaviour became more elusive, as it happened today, with this little girl that told me she wasn't looking for anything, and then, when i shouted aloud
'hello all, looking for a pet with defy, if you have one we could do business', she whispered to me
"what sort of business?"
there I plainly explained her that i wasnt there to "gift" -forgive my bad use of english, this is the way they say it - something for a hatch, it was a pet for a pet and eventually a card or two if the deal was on my side more than hers.

Well the thing that annoys me is that, since these last times i went to the hatchery a lot, i started noticing more or less the same people doing this unfair trade over and over again, sometimes remaining for hours in the hatchery waiting for a prey.
I am a 35 years old guy, and know the value of things, so I don't really bother to say no, but I also know that for a 10 or 12 years old kid things have a different perspective.

I think that this kind of business should not be tolerated, as it really teaches to unlimitedly take advantage of other people with no effort and deforms the value of things.

Yes, there are people that behave like that IRL, and they are the kind of people that I would mind if they met my children.

I belive finding a way to put a stop to this would be good. For example, by limiting the numbers of times a pet can hatch with another.

I hope you will read this post and ponder it.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
elvinlith wrote:
but I also know that for a 10 or 12 years old kid things have a different perspective.

If the 10 or 12 year old's parents enabled gifting on their accounts, then the blame relies squarely on the parents, not KI. There is a reason you have to be 18 years old to apply for a credit card in the United States. Yes, it is unfortunate that scammers are appearing in Wizard101, but scammers will appear everywhere in real life too. 10 year old accounts (in my opinion) should always have their accounts locked for gifting. If not, then the parents are knowingly allowing those kids to make those decisions where they could be scammed (giving a child 10,000 Crowns is the same as giving them 10 dollars in real life and letting them go spend it on whatever they want).

Additionally,

There are limits to the amount of times you can hatch in a given day.

Survivor
Mar 19, 2010
I dont believe limiting hatching is the real problem. KI needs to crack down on all the people requesting to be gifted. If a person wants to gift someone it is fine, but people should not be able to ask to be gifted. When I was still a noob i asked for help and a couple people said they would help if i gifted them. Of course I said no and switched realms. I even had a legendary wizard want to friend me when i was level 20. I asked why and he said "crowns". I switched realms without even responding. You cant even go to commons now without people asking. I give treasure cards away often to lower levels but I have seen people wanting to be gifted for them. This is becoming a real problem on the game. KI needs to address this soon. I play a lot and spend a lot on this game but am getting fed up and am starting to lose patience with this ongoing annoyance.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
cbrower321 wrote:
I dont believe limiting hatching is the real problem. KI needs to crack down on all the people requesting to be gifted. If a person wants to gift someone it is fine, but people should not be able to ask to be gifted. When I was still a noob i asked for help and a couple people said they would help if i gifted them. Of course I said no and switched realms. I even had a legendary wizard want to friend me when i was level 20. I asked why and he said "crowns". I switched realms without even responding. You cant even go to commons now without people asking. I give treasure cards away often to lower levels but I have seen people wanting to be gifted for them. This is becoming a real problem on the game. KI needs to address this soon. I play a lot and spend a lot on this game but am getting fed up and am starting to lose patience with this ongoing annoyance.

I here ya. It is becoming a big problem.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
kingurz wrote:
elvinlith wrote:
but I also know that for a 10 or 12 years old kid things have a different perspective.

If the 10 or 12 year old's parents enabled gifting on their accounts, then the blame relies squarely on the parents, not KI. There is a reason you have to be 18 years old to apply for a credit card in the United States. Yes, it is unfortunate that scammers are appearing in Wizard101, but scammers will appear everywhere in real life too. 10 year old accounts (in my opinion) should always have their accounts locked for gifting. If not, then the parents are knowingly allowing those kids to make those decisions where they could be scammed (giving a child 10,000 Crowns is the same as giving them 10 dollars in real life and letting them go spend it on whatever they want).

Additionally,

There are limits to the amount of times you can hatch in a given day.

Uh you went over a stumbling block on the last sentence. You'll need to wait for a couple hours, depending if you are a member or not, between hatchings to hatch again.

And I do agree that many people have the same problem with me too. I'm a kid and I'm younger than 13, meaning I don't have Text Chat. My parents enabled it for me a while ago to see if it goes well. I brought my Scarecrow into the crowd, hoping to hatch a Crop Watcher with a Forest Lord.

A couple of low levels started crowding me and asking if I'll hatch with all their cheap Piggles, Firecats, and Dragons. I kindly said no thanks, but they kept on bugging me and one finally said he will gift me a Mega Snack Pack if I hatched with his Firecat. Seeing that he's just barely level 11, it is obviously a scam. After a while of this bugging I finally just turned off Text Chat.