Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question about 15% combined defense talents

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
I have a sea dragon that didn't get spell proof, and a strange beast that didn't get spell defy. If I breed them is there a chance that their offspring will get one or both of the talents?

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
Honestly, If you do, you have about a 25% chance at getting both of them in the talent pool itself. and to get the talents together, would be a 5% chance after breeding them. You can try, or you could just hatch the pet you want with the talents with my pet, and you can have a chance at getting double resist, pain giver and spritely. back to the point, you have a 5% chance at getting both showing up, and a 25% chance at even having them in the pool of talents. So be careful. If you ever want to hatch with me, just ask and I got you.

~Adam RubyThorn

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
jwheaton9634 on Dec 18, 2015 wrote:
I have a sea dragon that didn't get spell proof, and a strange beast that didn't get spell defy. If I breed them is there a chance that their offspring will get one or both of the talents?
Sure, there's a chance to get any of the parents talents (even hidden ones) on offspring, which is how Proof/Defy pets were made in the first place. No first generation pet has both.

You might have better luck hatching either of your pets with someone who has a pet with both Proof and Defy expressed though. Good luck!

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
Are they first generation pets or did you hatch for them? If you hatched for them, and the other person's pet had the ability then yes it could but it's not as likely.

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
answer to your question is a lot more complicated then what previous responses state. 1. talents that both pets share have a higher weighted chance then other talents to be on pet. manifested talents have a higher weighted chance to cross over as well but nothing is guaranteed. 2. manifested talents are random but tend to be heavily weighted towards the parents manifested but curve balls could always show up as its not 100% guaranteed.