Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PrePaid cards and Tax

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 03, 2011
Does a prepaid card cost tax? I've gotten one before but my parent got it for me does anyone now and i have $20 buck exactly

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Well at this time the only cards ive seen is 10-20-29-39. I dont think there is tax so you can access the 10 or 20 cards.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
yaya1337 on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:
Does a prepaid card cost tax? I've gotten one before but my parent got it for me does anyone now and i have $20 buck exactly
This depends on your state. I know in mine they are and am pretty sure they would be in most.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Depending on where you buy the card depends if you must pay tax. I do know the Gamestop where I live does charge tax. You may want to call the store and ask if there would be a sales tax on the card before buying it.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 80 life

Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
i been buying prepaid cards for over a year now and have never been charged tax on them so i figured that it's all included so don't worry and buy your card.

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
Buy one and check it out, bring an extra dollar. I would really like to know this!

Survivor
Nov 10, 2012
in NY State, for some unknown reason, Game Stop is the only store that charges tax on pre-paid cards. I've gotten pre-paid cards from Walgreens, Family Dollar and Dollar General and Walmart each without tax. So, I suggest going to a store other than Game Stop to get pre-paid cards. I've asked two people at two different Game Stops why this is the case, and they gave me blank stares, shrugged and each said, "I'm not in charge of it."

Go figure.