Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

possible member benefit

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 10, 2018
This may seem crazy and probably not even possible, but how about, once per year(maybe even for the anniversary this year) we get a member benefit that allows us to take one pet talent back from our pet, a one time only thing, and cancel it. So what this will do, is it will however set us back to epic, but when we train it to mega, we get another talent. Such as if I got fairy at mega, and wanted spell-proof, instead of farming/gardening for the jewel, and take it to ultra for another 2000exp, it will allow me to have a chance of getting the talent I want, or even guarantee the talent you want. This has happened to me too many times, I just recently took a pet to Mega, it was perfect for an exalt ice, Balance ward, ice ward, spell-defy, ice dealer, and then at Mega, I got blessed(not actually) with MayCast Fairy(A pretty useless talent for when 1 shadow spell can one shot you with shrike and a blade, but idk, I guess Kingsisle thought it'd be funny) Please leave comments and your replies so Kingsisle will at least consider this.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2011
I think this is a great idea, but here are my thoughts on an edit:
How about making it a random event which Kingsisle can choose to happen whenever, like how we have throwback Thursday’s, pack-A-paloozas, etc. (maybe that’s a little too good?)

Also, maybe make it so that whatever talent is chosen, the pet will require retraining equal to half of the exp it took to learn the talent in the first place. Except talents learned from teen, originally needing 125.

Maybe make it so when we choose a talent to re-train, make it cost gold or crowns.

Here’s and example I thought up:
Talent learned at Teen:
EXP for Re-Train = 100

Talent learned at Adult:
EXP for Re-Train = 125

Talent learned at Ancient:
EXP for Re-Train = 250

Talent learned at Epic:
EXP for Re-Train = 500

Talent learned at Mega:
EXP for Re-Train = 1000

(Ultra doesn’t give new talents for those who didn’t know)

Also when retraining, any talent that is unknown could be learned. (For that touch of RNG)
This Re-training should only be available to Pets who have made it to MEGA+

Hope I have been helpful here!
-Christopher Iceshard, lvl 112 Thamaturge