Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pets with 2 jewel sockets, what?

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i saw one for the first time a few seconds ago. the pet is an epic rain beetle with 2 jewels, and i took a screenshot of it.

i have several epic or mega pets (one being an epic rain beetle) and, as far as i know, i can't put 2 jewels on them. is this something you can buy for crowns, a glitch, or an ability that is unlocked through some quest/bundle/thing i somehow don't have yet or know about?

i googled it a bunch of times and found nothing; thanks in advance to anyone who can help~

-von

Administrator
Hello,

If a Jewel provides a talent that boosts two stats, for example the Perceptive Opal that increases max Intellect and Will, each stat will appear on its own line when viewing the pet. This visually makes it appear that the pet has two Jewels, but it does not. There is no way to give a pet two Jewels.

Sorry for the confusion!

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Aug 25, 2015 wrote:
Hello,

If a Jewel provides a talent that boosts two stats, for example the Perceptive Opal that increases max Intellect and Will, each stat will appear on its own line when viewing the pet. This visually makes it appear that the pet has two Jewels, but it does not. There is no way to give a pet two Jewels.

Sorry for the confusion!
that's interesting~ i've never seen that type of jewel or talent before, but the info is good to have. thanks so much for clarifying, professor!

-von

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Dr Von on Aug 26, 2015 wrote:
that's interesting~ i've never seen that type of jewel or talent before, but the info is good to have. thanks so much for clarifying, professor!

-von
Many rare and ultra-rare selfish boost two attributes.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Dr Von on Aug 26, 2015 wrote:

-von
I've received quite a few of those dual boosting selfish jewels. I've never used one in a pet however because at this late stage of training it doesn't seem like those minimal boosts would do much to improve any of the pets existing useful talents. I've even posted in the past about the benefits of continuing to train a pet after getting a selfish stat-boosting talent at Mega. Obviously that post was prior to the introduction of Ultra level. I can see where you might get a +1 to an existing defensive or offensive talent but I think your pet would need to be right on the verge of the next jump to actually manifest the increase.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
TucsonWizard on Aug 26, 2015 wrote:
I've received quite a few of those dual boosting selfish jewels. I've never used one in a pet however because at this late stage of training it doesn't seem like those minimal boosts would do much to improve any of the pets existing useful talents. I've even posted in the past about the benefits of continuing to train a pet after getting a selfish stat-boosting talent at Mega. Obviously that post was prior to the introduction of Ultra level. I can see where you might get a +1 to an existing defensive or offensive talent but I think your pet would need to be right on the verge of the next jump to actually manifest the increase.
The boost from pet stats to talents is almost linear, so increases from selfish boosts always count, though you may not see it on the display. For instance with max stats pain giver shows as 6%, but if you add a basic +25 strength or will jewel (which you can buy in the pet shop) it shows as 7%. The real increase to damage boost is only 0.25%, significant, but much less than the 1% shown. On the other hand, if you have a pet with (for example) 235 SWP, you'll show 6% pain giver with or without the jewel, but you will still get the 0.25% boost to damage.

Remember that pet talents real stats do not round to whole numbers, in spite of the display doing so. You will get small increases to resist, accuracy, damage, etc even if the % shown doesn't change.

tl;dr: Stat boosts from jewels are usually worthwhile even if they don't show on the display. Yay for jewels!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
TucsonWizard on Aug 26, 2015 wrote:
The +65 agility boost adds 1.04% to Proof and .52% Defy so it's not a huge boost but still significant on a pet with multiple defense or attack boosts. Talents like Storm Ward get a 1.56% boost from it. The +40 strength +25 agility gives those plus .2%, .4% and .6% for damage talents.