Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pets & Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 12, 2010
Okay. I love the fact that you can buy pets in the shops on some of the different worlds in Wizard101 and I also enjoy the fact that you can get pet drops from different bosses all over the Spiral, but I really would like it if every pet in the game came with a spell. The pets that don't come with spells just seem useless to those of us that don't participate in the pet derby, so it would be really nice if they had a spell so they could have a purpose other than running around a racetrack or being a decoration.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Signed,

A Friendly Wizard.

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
they make some pets not have spells because they don't want low levels to become too powerful.

Survivor
Sep 09, 2012
For the fact of having spells for EVERY pet, I don't think they all should. It would make it eaiser for everyone throughout the spiral. That's my opinon!

Jessica AngleBlossomLvl: 54

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
indiepompe on Dec 23, 2014 wrote:
Okay. I love the fact that you can buy pets in the shops on some of the different worlds in Wizard101 and I also enjoy the fact that you can get pet drops from different bosses all over the Spiral, but I really would like it if every pet in the game came with a spell. The pets that don't come with spells just seem useless to those of us that don't participate in the pet derby, so it would be really nice if they had a spell so they could have a purpose other than running around a racetrack or being a decoration.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Signed,

A Friendly Wizard.
Every pet in the game doesn't need a spell. What most people look for in pets isn't the spell they give, it's the talents they have. Let's take a look at the Sea Dragon pet. No spell, useless, right? No. It's one of the best first generation pets in the game, and can learn abilities that give universal damage, resist and accuracy, along with Spritely. Honestly, even if every pet came with a spell, a pet with good talents would always be better. I see no need for this feature.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
lewski on Dec 24, 2014 wrote:
Every pet in the game doesn't need a spell. What most people look for in pets isn't the spell they give, it's the talents they have. Let's take a look at the Sea Dragon pet. No spell, useless, right? No. It's one of the best first generation pets in the game, and can learn abilities that give universal damage, resist and accuracy, along with Spritely. Honestly, even if every pet came with a spell, a pet with good talents would always be better. I see no need for this feature.
Agreed! The Starfish is the same...no card, but lots of great possible talents (especially for an Ice wizard )