Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pets skill stay on line?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 27, 2012
So i bred a pet that have spritely with a Harpy . so is that spritely skill will stay at where they are on the slot if i get it on the egg? or it gonna be in different skill slot?

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Your new pet could have spritely if one of the parents does, however it isn't guaranteed.

Of more major concern, any skill can appear in any slot, so your new pet may have spritely, but it may be in the ancient skill slot, or the epic, or the mega...

Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
Talents have an order and always stay in that order, Proof above spritely, spritely above defy, defy above fairy, etc.
Talents can move slots from 1-10 depending on what else is in the pool. Spritely will still be a rare, that can't change.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2014
As someone who hatches all the time, I must say that majority of the talents end up around the same area as where they were on the previous pet. Even if it isn't at the exact same spot as it was on the previous talent pool list, it'd be somewhere close. Only very very occasionally does it end up in a totally different spot. This does still happen though not often.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
crayoticalitic on May 25, 2015 wrote:
As someone who hatches all the time, I must say that majority of the talents end up around the same area as where they were on the previous pet. Even if it isn't at the exact same spot as it was on the previous talent pool list, it'd be somewhere close. Only very very occasionally does it end up in a totally different spot. This does still happen though not often.
That depends mostly on the talent pools of the pets you mix. If the parents have similar pools with a lot of overlap, changes will probably be small. If the pools are very different with few matching talents, then the slots can move a lot.