Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pets, Lets solve this "problem"

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
So, I have two grandmasters (balance 50, and Fire 52). I have one myth master (49). So I wanted the inferno hound pet, so I mixed my othrus with a friend's helephant. The result is still pending but it is a chimerical egg. Which is the egg of the inferno hound and the orhturs. The pedigree for the orthrus says that it is 53 with no exceptions, but on the contrary it said it would take 18 hours to hatch and the orthrus will take 18 while the inferno hound will take 21. At a road block. I believe it will be another Orthurs, which i am fine with. This costed my friend and I 32,500 gold each, (he got a helephant). That's my story.
Here is what I have been hearing about pets:
costs to much
we were guranteed a new, unique pet
we should know what the outcome will be
they should be able to get rare pets easier
lets give up on this game

I disagree with most of this. First they lowered the cost. And with all the mobs you beat in DS and CL its not that hard to come by 30-40k gold.
You get a new and unique pet. All of your stats are unique and that pet itself is new, think harder about that next time. I sort of agree with this next part. We should be able to now what kinds of outcomes. Not the percentages but what the possibilities are by mixing the two pets. Next, HAHAHAHA, I hope your not serious. If they were easier to get then they would not be RARE. Its like farming a boss over and over again to get the drop you want. Sometimes you dont get what you want, but if you keep trying you will get that drop you want and it will be all that much more worth it. Lastly, the game is not meant for the the pets, but the storyline, quests and leveling up.

Sorry for being sinical.
-Jamono

Usually on my myth if you wanna chill. Can always find me on satyr realm in the pet pavillion or DS with my orthrus Duke Bandit :)

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
Considering the point of the hatchery is to transfer talents with getting rare pets and hybrids is a nice side effect. The real problem with pets is the hatching process itself imo. Since talents that are passed on and learned are complete random, there is as much of a chance of never getting a perfect pet as you do getting it on the first try.