Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pets dont fight

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Survivor
May 26, 2009
some do help when you lvl them up to teen or higher
its a talent that they might learn

Survivor
May 02, 2009
your pet has to have a card with it. The pets you buy don't have cards, and when yu get pet drops, usually they have to be Epic or Acient to use there spell

Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
gtheo wrote:
your pet has to have a card with it. The pets you buy don't have cards, and when yu get pet drops, usually they have to be Epic or Acient to use there spell
they don't HAVE to be epic or ancient i have a teen wraith and when i use his wraith spell he casts it

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
Pets can help you in battle if they manifest active Talents that provide a bonus%, ie., Death-Giver gives a bonus to Death damage.
Also, some pets have Talents like "may cast Death Aura" - although even the ones that do rarely cast on their own.
Others have an innate card which the wizard can initiate - the pet willanimate when the card is cast.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
bcbdla wrote:
Pets can help you in battle if they manifest active Talents that provide a bonus%, ie., Death-Giver gives a bonus to Death damage.
Also, some pets have Talents like "may cast Death Aura" - although even the ones that do rarely cast on their own.
Others have an innate card which the wizard can initiate - the pet willanimate when the card is cast.

I agree with bcbdla. Pets do have talents like "May Cast Death Aura" and other things as well. It does happen rarely, though. Some pets also come with cards.

I have a friend who's Valentine Piggle (or something like that) healed wim with a sprite every two or three rounds. That's very lucky.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2009
It just depends on the pet and how you determine what it means for the pet to fight beside you. I have a Sturdy Dragon pet that gives me a Dryad card, and when i cast the spell my dragon actually moves and acts like he just casted the spell. And some pets have abilities that they may randomly cast a certain spell in a battle. But alot of pets have abilities that give you specific bonuses such as my sturdy dragon that gives health and power pip chance, and i also have a snow serpent pet that gives me ice accuracy. But your pets help you in a battle and that would be considered fighting along side you.