Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pets and pet stats

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 28, 2012
I have one question. My character is fire and i just hatched an enchanted armaments with a rain core pet for my storm character and got an enchanted armaments. If I train the pet on my fire account, will it get storm stats or fire stats since im on my fire

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The baby pet will probably get a mix of storm core and enchanted arms talents.

Which account trains it does not impact what talents develop, as they were set at the moment the egg was created.

Alia Misthaven

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
"Stats" are the attribute numbers like strength, power, will, etc

Talents are the perks the pet gives: damage, resist, cards, may-cast, etc

Both will be a mix from the two parent pets. It doesn't matter what wizard the pet is on, or how you train. Everything is set when the egg is formed in the hatcher. You most often get some of the qualities of one parent and some of the other, but not always 50/50. You can look up the parents species on the Wiki to see what they might give you, but if either parent has been hatched, there could be other talents in the mix.

Rain Core start with Storm talents, Enchanted armaments start with universal, so you won't get any Fire specific stuff unless there's been a mix with a Fire pet.