Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Talents and Hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 07, 2011
Ok so I've heard that if you want a talent from one pet to transfer onto another pet then the slot the wanted talent is in, has to be blank on the other pet. So, I'd like to know if this is true. Also, does that mean it has to have the same rating on the other pet? Like let's say Fairy Friend is uncommon and slot number one. Does the other pet have to have the first slot be an uncommon trait? Or just have the slot be blank? I'm trying to transfer all of my good talents from multiple pets onto one pet. I know this will cost a lot and be expensive but I definitely have the money. Just kinda irritated on time since we can only hatch once a day lol. The only time I've seen the Life Bat talent show up, is with the same type of pet I had to hatch. Not with the other eggs I've gotten that are of different species. I've been hatching every day for the past week or so and just can't seem to get even two talents on one pet to show up when leveled up. I think the talents are there as the same slots with the talents I want are showing the same rating (common, uncommon, epic, etc) on the pet but just hasn't shown up. One annoying card showed up on a talent slot and I was hoping it didn't even manifest on the other pet as I don't want a card giving 125 damage and a life trap as I don't use life spells except healing

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Most if not all card giving talents are epic so keep that in mind. Most of the really good pet talents are just rare.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Almost forgot to mention that if you have the crowns you can use pet potions to recharge hatch timer so you can hatch multiple pets a day.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
the slots the talents are in do not matter.

talents can move around to new slots on pets. When you have hatched tons like many have you can usually identify certain talents. The problem is the talents we want do not always show up and well at this point in the game i want 4-5 desired talents in a pet which does not always happen :) the good thing about fairy is its very sticky like sprite.

A goal for mc fairy is to not have any other 1 pip talents in either pet then you know with out any doubt its in your pet.

Hope this helps

Survivor
Jan 18, 2012
I've hatched more pets than I can count, so I know of what I speak. You will never get mc Fairy, an Uncommon talent, in Slot #1. Where talents manifest are relative to one another. What I mean is this - Spell Proof will *always* be in a slot higher than Spritely, Defy, Fairy Friend and Unicorn (and tons of others). Whereas Pips 'O Plenty, Guardian Wall, Tower Shield (and tons of others) are up near the top. After you've hatched a lot of pets, you start to know what is in your pedigree and that makes it easier to custom make a pet.

Grafting individual talents from one pet to another is just a matter of chance. I've put Fairy Friend into several of my pets. It usually shows up as an Uncommon in slot 7 or slot 8 (for my pets any ways). If you cross with a pet that does not have Uncommons that low, you will usually know if it transferred over or not.

Want to know where talents are in relation to one another? Look here: Quest for an Ordered Talent List - Wizard101 Central I don't think mc Fairy is in it yet, but you will get a great overview of where talents show up in relation to one another.

To weed out what you deem "undesirable" talents, you simply need to keep hatching with a pet that has the talents you want. It sometimes is a quick process, but sometimes it takes a while. Patience and luck are key here. Best of luck!

Survivor
Aug 14, 2008
Quinn Shadowrider on Jan 26, 2013 wrote:
I've hatched more pets than I can count, so I know of what I speak. You will never get mc Fairy, an Uncommon talent, in Slot #1. Where talents manifest are relative to one another. What I mean is this - Spell Proof will *always* be in a slot higher than Spritely, Defy, Fairy Friend and Unicorn (and tons of others). Whereas Pips 'O Plenty, Guardian Wall, Tower Shield (and tons of others) are up near the top. After you've hatched a lot of pets, you start to know what is in your pedigree and that makes it easier to custom make a pet.

Grafting individual talents from one pet to another is just a matter of chance. I've put Fairy Friend into several of my pets. It usually shows up as an Uncommon in slot 7 or slot 8 (for my pets any ways). If you cross with a pet that does not have Uncommons that low, you will usually know if it transferred over or not.

Want to know where talents are in relation to one another? Look here: Quest for an Ordered Talent List - Wizard101 Central I don't think mc Fairy is in it yet, but you will get a great overview of where talents show up in relation to one another.

To weed out what you deem "undesirable" talents, you simply need to keep hatching with a pet that has the talents you want. It sometimes is a quick process, but sometimes it takes a while. Patience and luck are key here. Best of luck!
I just want to clarify that "Quest for an Ordered Talent List - Wizard101 Central" is outdated since the member who used to manage the project, Marmaboy, has been inactive for quite a long time now.

Fortunately, the project itself is still around and is still updated regularly, but it is under new management; and it is currently located in:

Breaking up Talent Order Project - Wizard101 Central

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Quinn Shadowrider on Jan 26, 2013 wrote:

I dont know how true this is because ive had talents all over the board on my pets. Ive had sprite and fairy at the top and bottom of list. I also thought that the last fairy i got was in a rare slot so your information may not be totally correct.