Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet reset "scroll"

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 30, 2011
I'm pretty new to this whole new advanced pet thing, so you are welcome to correct me if my idea is wrong or needs a change. A lot of my pets I train get a lot of "selfish" talents, meaning that they add a lot to their base talents but never anything for the wizard. Only my Red Ghost, which I just about broke my back leveling up to Ancient, has no "selfish" talents. What my idea is that you can buy a pet reset scroll kind of thingy by crowns or gold, whichever is suitable, and then equip it to your pet. The pet will then be downgraded back to "Baby" and its talents, derby and all, will drop down and you can start trying to level up something useful for once. Because I can't tell you how much time I needed to spend farming to get the needed amount of gold to hatch pets in hope to get a cool talent.

Again, you may suggest something if I'm wrong. :-)

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Fin3cy6 wrote:
I'm pretty new to this whole new advanced pet thing, so you are welcome to correct me if my idea is wrong or needs a change. A lot of my pets I train get a lot of "selfish" talents, meaning that they add a lot to their base talents but never anything for the wizard. Only my Red Ghost, which I just about broke my back leveling up to Ancient, has no "selfish" talents. What my idea is that you can buy a pet reset scroll kind of thingy by crowns or gold, whichever is suitable, and then equip it to your pet. The pet will then be downgraded back to "Baby" and its talents, derby and all, will drop down and you can start trying to level up something useful for once. Because I can't tell you how much time I needed to spend farming to get the needed amount of gold to hatch pets in hope to get a cool talent.

Selfish talents aren't all that bad. Say, if you're going for resist, and your pet raises up a talent that boots up your resist skill. So instead of Spell Proof being 10 as the usual, it could be 11 or 12.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
joujou11cool wrote:
Fin3cy6 wrote:

Selfish talents aren't all that bad. Say, if you're going for resist, and your pet raises up a talent that boots up your resist skill. So instead of Spell Proof being 10 as the usual, it could be 11 or 12.

I'm just trying to shoot for some good talents for my Wraith. So far its talents are Spirited and Crafty, all selfish talents.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Fin3cy6 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
Fin3cy6 wrote:

I'm just trying to shoot for some good talents for my Wraith. So far its talents are Spirited and Crafty, all selfish talents.

That's an annoying problem. I find that all the quest pets from level 48 give power pip chance, is yours hatched with?

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
The idea of a reset is not a bad idea. However, if KI offered this option I believe the cost would be either in crowns or a large amount of gold.

It may simply be better to only train pets that have more unselfish talents.

I know when I first started training pets I trained many to adult, ancient, or epic hoping for good talents. And then I finally broke down and bought a sea dragon. I now have several sea dragons(thanks to the packs) which I have trained to epic that I use to hatch with my other pets to improve their talents.

And FYI you can search some of the sites and see what talents a particular pet has in its pedigree.

Here is an example:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Kraken