Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet rarely heals now

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 15, 2008
Around a week ago i had my pet with fairy, spritely, unicorn and spell proof. It healed quite a bit(even when fully healed) but now it rarely heals at all, like it has a 10% chance of casting the spells. I know it's not gonna heal at full health but now it heals like once every 8 hours.

Is anyone have the same type of issue?

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Yes, we have noticed, and there are a couple of posts on this already. I put one up a couple days ago (What happened to Spritely? Is my pet sick?), and there was one also a few days before that.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Same thing here... and it needs to be fixed. We paid dearly through either gold or crowns for the pets, and massive amounts of time to get pets with these healing features; to have them nerfed due to PvP whining is totally unfair.

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
I have to say, my FOG Unicorn has almost completely stopped spritely-ing in my battles.

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Megan DragonLeaf

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
Remember, it will only cast if you are wounded. I have several pets that have spritely and they have a nervous tick and cast it lot.

pirate8375

Survivor
Jul 15, 2008
RavenLady777 on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
Same thing here... and it needs to be fixed. We paid dearly through either gold or crowns for the pets, and massive amounts of time to get pets with these healing features; to have them nerfed due to PvP whining is totally unfair.
Couldn't agree more

Survivor
Jul 15, 2008
pirate8375 on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
Remember, it will only cast if you are wounded. I have several pets that have spritely and they have a nervous tick and cast it lot.

pirate8375
I'm not just talking about spritely, I'm talking about the other may cast heals as well. Even when i'm about to die it does nothing. It use to heal quite a bit a few weeks ago.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
RavenLady777 on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
Or quests (starfish)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
The next new world must be a whopper is all I can figure.

No good gear to really pick from and pets that don't help any more should really help up the challenge quite a bit.

I do miss spritely though. I guess I will cycle though my pets and see if one casts it more then another but until there is an improvement I don't think I will bother training a pet for any healing talent any more.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
what I noticed is that my pet had to "wake up" again. It took a long time to cast its first maycast, then they started appearing more frequently. Now, it casts much more regularly (like it did just prior to the update). Nothing is a guarantee of course, but it's more interactive than the first week or two "out of the box" from the Aquila update

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
MadisonWinterHorn on Sep 15, 2013 wrote:
Or quests (starfish)
I mean jellyfish

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
dayerider on Sep 17, 2013 wrote:
what I noticed is that my pet had to "wake up" again. It took a long time to cast its first maycast, then they started appearing more frequently. Now, it casts much more regularly (like it did just prior to the update). Nothing is a guarantee of course, but it's more interactive than the first week or two "out of the box" from the Aquila update
My pets have yet to "wake up."

They still cast very rarely. Once or twice in some battles; not at all in most battles. Personally, I think this really stinks.

Pets now feel like an old blind dog that just can't play any more! Mind you, I love my old blind dog in real life. But she does not have the spark she used to as a puppy. And as far as wizard pets go, they really should not be aging like our real life pets do!

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
hi guys if you haven't noticed but I have it seems the closer you get them to mega they stop healing I now stop all my pets at epic and this seems to help also even though people say it doesn't help talking to your pets does help and a good girl from me seems to help also telling them I am going to put them in the dog box also seems to kick start them as well lol I think it also seems to be where or how old (eg teen,adult)helps to determine when or how often they will heal otherwise have a backup and tell them you will change pets if they do not help and leave them in backpack for a while it may seem strange but that has helped me a lot in the past too

Survivor
Jul 19, 2013
I know your problem. It has happened to me. What you need to do is improve your pets intelligence. To do that, go to the pet pavilion and play maze game or something like that and make it go for the apples. Each time you play your pets intelligence will increase by 4. Once that happens it will learn to heal you with no command. Trust me it happened to me.

-Zachary Deathhunter

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
zachary deathhunte... on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:
I know your problem. It has happened to me. What you need to do is improve your pets intelligence. To do that, go to the pet pavilion and play maze game or something like that and make it go for the apples. Each time you play your pets intelligence will increase by 4. Once that happens it will learn to heal you with no command. Trust me it happened to me.

-Zachary Deathhunter
That doesn't help if you have an older pet where all the lines are maxed out.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
FinnAgainWindrider on Oct 10, 2013 wrote:
My pets have yet to "wake up."

They still cast very rarely. Once or twice in some battles; not at all in most battles. Personally, I think this really stinks.

Pets now feel like an old blind dog that just can't play any more! Mind you, I love my old blind dog in real life. But she does not have the spark she used to as a puppy. And as far as wizard pets go, they really should not be aging like our real life pets do!
I have a feeling Spritely is being fazed out. Our pets on all our wizards don't seem to cast it at all any more. Sadly we don't have any pets with other healing. Clearly too many thought it was a annoying talent that needed to be stopped. With more and more putting the time and energy into having a pet with 3 healing talents I can see where Spritely is over kill.

In 4 hrs of game play my Leopard cast Spritely twice, our Brave hound 3 times. Our used to cast pretty regular Scarecrow and Forest Lord are really no help any more either. Full health aside our pets just are not using Spritely enough any more to be useful.

We really haven't bothered to pet train since this started because it really seems like a waste of time because unless it's a built in talent, which none or our non-crown pets have anything good of, I have a feeling all MC are going to be throttled eventually.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Northlite on Nov 3, 2013 wrote:
I have a feeling Spritely is being fazed out. Our pets on all our wizards don't seem to cast it at all any more. Sadly we don't have any pets with other healing. Clearly too many thought it was a annoying talent that needed to be stopped. With more and more putting the time and energy into having a pet with 3 healing talents I can see where Spritely is over kill.

In 4 hrs of game play my Leopard cast Spritely twice, our Brave hound 3 times. Our used to cast pretty regular Scarecrow and Forest Lord are really no help any more either. Full health aside our pets just are not using Spritely enough any more to be useful.

We really haven't bothered to pet train since this started because it really seems like a waste of time because unless it's a built in talent, which none or our non-crown pets have anything good of, I have a feeling all MC are going to be throttled eventually.
phasing out a spell already learned wouldnt be a good idea unless they're planning on replacing it with an equally useful healing spell. No, I don't think they're phasing it out, I think they turned down the casting rate in general, not just when you're fully healed. A LOT of pets would be affected if they tried removing spritely. The ONLY thing they could do is have a "third age" of pets and when you get them in the third age, don't have spritely going forward, but they shouldnt affect pets' talents already learned

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Same here.... my Emberstone tiger/Judgement mix no longer casts spiritedly... only sometimes :(

-Molly level 83 balance

Survivor
May 10, 2011
Not to agitate anyone but in defence of (is it ryan?) the turtle I agree that pets should be nerfed and am suprised that KI actually did it! They were way to overpowered,and I agree with the nerf if there truly was one