Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet question-

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 22, 2013
I have a decent death pet. I am trying to train a new pet, but I have a question-
My current death pet has death dealer, which is 8% damage, and death giver, which is 5%. I wanted to train a new pet with similar abilities, but 9% for dealer, and 6% for giver, ect. My current pets pedigree is 58.
I hatched a new pet, which has received dealer and giver so far. But, I don't know if I should continue to train it.
This new pet has a pedigree of 63. If I were to level this pet up, would it end up with a 9% dealer and a 6% giver, or is the pedigree too low, and it would just be another pet w/ 8 and 6%? Thanks!

Survivor
Oct 11, 2012
Hello Lenora!

Here are a few basic things about pedigree of pets that we need to understand before we can move forward. Pedigree is the sum of all the manifestable talents. This basically means that pedigree has nothing to do with the numbers part of the ability. It just tells you how rare the talents are that it can manifest. For instance, if a pet has more epics in its gene pool, then it will have a higher pedigree because epics are more rare than other talents. Moving on to your question.

Alright, so you know those mysterious, seem-to-be random numbers next to the pet's Strength, Intellect, Agility, Will, and Power? These numbers are what determines the percentage of a talent that your pet gives you (damage, resist, critical/critical block, health, mana, accuracy, power pips, and anything other than may cast talents). If you want to have a 9% dealer and 6% giver, you must have high enough numbers of Strength, Will, and Power. HERE and HERE are the two wiki calculations. They are mostly accurate, but there are occasional times when they are wrong. In your case, they should be pretty exact. If you are still unsure on how to calculate the numbers, just leave a reply with your numbers and I will calculate them.

I think that your new pet may not have high enough numbers to be able to get 9% dealer and 6% giver. However, if the pet you hatched with had pretty high numbers, it is still possible.

Thanks for letting me share my knowledge , I hope I answered everything you wondered.

-Elijah