Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Minigames ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
The pet minigames are a great reprieve from the grind of everyday questing. An idea would be to give a bonus to stat gains from perfect or near perfect games.

Gettin 4 out of 5 or perfect on the dance game should give bonus agility/experience for instance

Gettin 3 out of 4 or perfect bullseyes on the cannon game would be nice to give an experience bonus and maybe willpower bonus.

Gobbler drop needs a makeover, as it is right now, it's a button mashing game that will wear out the arrow keys rather fast. It may be a good idea to make it a two dimensional left or right movement style. As for bonus experience, make it based off of a percentage of food caught.

The maze game would also be based off a percentage of food eaten for bonus experience and intelligence.

Delver
May 29, 2009
Would it be possible to lower the cost of the pet mini-games just a little? At 8 energy points a shot you are only able to play 6 games. Also, does the number of energy points increase for the pets like the health and mana do for the player?

I have been testing the foods that my pets love and with the cost to refill the energy and use crowns to buy gold for snacks, pets, reagents (to make my own snacks), and the like I am almost out of crowns even with the recent reset.

Alura Hexcaster Grandmaster Sorceress

Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
I believe they increase the cost as your pet goes from baby to teen to adult, etc... but yeah I think they should also increase energy amount, goes along with each pet having individual energy amounts instead of a shared energy pool for all of them.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
They forgot to add asdw to the cannon game, but the arrows work, maybe the could get that to work in the next tweak? Even make spacebar the fire button or something to that effect.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
SorceressMiklai wrote:
Would it be possible to lower the cost of the pet mini-games just a little? At 8 energy points a shot you are only able to play 6 games. Also, does the number of energy points increase for the pets like the health and mana do for the player?

I have been testing the foods that my pets love and with the cost to refill the energy and use crowns to buy gold for snacks, pets, reagents (to make my own snacks), and the like I am almost out of crowns even with the recent reset.

Alura Hexcaster Grandmaster Sorceress

on second thought, since one time i clicked the idea section in the test realm i wrote the same thing i will write now but i dont think i will ever get an answer back so i am deciding to write this again.

Why not buy energy with gold? some parents dont let children buy crowns and what if they LOVE playing minigames and they have an ancient pet?

the first time i ever logged in testrealm, my pet was an ancient. it was amazing! but still, i am one of those people that dont really have a lot of crowns but i only have subscription

Survivor
Jan 13, 2009
The pet mini games are a mindnumbing brutal way to advance your pet. Literally hundreds of hours and houndreds of thousands in gold to feed your pet after you have maxed it out on the stats. You can only earn 1 XP per game after those stats are maxed and it comes from the snacks, and thats if you get a perfect score! Forget about it if you don't you get nothing!
This is way too much! The pets need their own energy potions each, playing 6 perfect score minigames a day is going to take the average player (who plays maybe 2-3 hours a day) several months to level 1 pet. This needs some serious rethinking.
I know I was hoping to be able to earn XP for my pets through PVE and adventures I can work along with my friends. Very disappointed the only way so far is to be isolated in a boring minigame.