Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pet jewel glitch

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
I am probably not the only one this is happening to, but I have added jewels to my pets , and most of the time they work like they should, but i just added a jewel to my pet bringing proof and defy up from 4 to 5, and 9 to 10, my resist when added up is 50, but the game adds it up to 49, so is my resist 49 or 50 now? its like it doesnt recognize my resist went up a point. anyone else have this issue? i really wished they would fix it.

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
That isn't really a glitch, but just the way display rounding works.

Your pet shows each resist talent rounded to a whole number. For example 4.4 defy shows as 4, 4.8 shows as 5
8.8 proof shows as 9, 9.6 shows as 10

Your wizard display shows the total of all your resists, rounded to a whole number. So 4.4 + 8.8 = 13.2 which shows as 13. 4.8 + 9.6 = 14.4 which shows as 14

So you could see proof and defy both go up by one on the pet display, but your wizard stats only increase by one total.

In combat, the true value (based on pet stats) is used, so the rounding doesn't matter. Don't worry, you are getting the correct resist to damage, even if it doesn't look that way on the character display.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2012
You can add jewels to your pets..?

Can someone tell me how, please?

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
XXxxKatxxXX on Jun 7, 2016 wrote:
You can add jewels to your pets..?

Can someone tell me how, please?
When you train a pet up to ancient, a star shape jewel socket is unlocked. You can then add a star jewel to give your pet an extra talent or stat boost.