Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Energy - Crowns vs Time

AuthorMessage
Administrator
We've had some questions about why refilling your Pet Energy is a Crowns purchase.

Your Pet's Energy will slowly refill itself over time.
If you wish to shortcut this time, you can purchase a refill with Crowns, however you are not required to do this.

The Energy will refill on its own, however if you want to shortcut this, it will cost Crowns. Therefore it's a decision between time and Crowns.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
My pet has 48 energy. It takes maybe 15 minutes to use up that energy, as games cost 8 energy for him. It takes 12 HOURS to refill.

Don't you think that's a bit slow? Is it going to somehow crash the system if we are able to train our pets as often as we'd like? Why not have pet energy wisps floating about, the same way you do with Mana?

Thus far, I have no interest in training my pet. I have no idea, aside from his power pips, what he adds to my duels.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Josh1128Sh wrote:
My pet has 48 energy. It takes maybe 15 minutes to use up that energy, as games cost 8 energy for him. It takes 12 HOURS to refill.

Don't you think that's a bit slow? Is it going to somehow crash the system if we are able to train our pets as often as we'd like? Why not have pet energy wisps floating about, the same way you do with Mana?

Thus far, I have no interest in training my pet. I have no idea, aside from his power pips, what he adds to my duels.

Most of us play lesss than 12 hr per day, leaving the other 12+ for recharge. With 48 energy, you can play 8 games, gaining experience for the pets (I got 1 per game, but that is not really knowing the games yet) plus food, so let us assume you like your pet and get 2 stat food. That is 3 experience game, or 24 per day, or 720 per month...without crowns. And I am sure that if you are younger with better reflexes than this over the hill player has, then maybe even more, so let us say 50/day, or 1500/month. This means your pet will be full in 2-4 weeks...even the big guys. I think if you really ponder this, it is really a non-issue.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
it takes 125 exp to get to teen, 250 to get to adult, 500 to get to ancient and 1000 to get to epic. by your calculation, I can handly get to ancient in about a months worth of play. and several months to get to epic.

While I understand that they want to make getting to epic truly special, I find multiple MONTHS of daily game play a bit too much to avoid spending dollars.

To mix pets, you need two adults and 60k of gold. by these assumptions, you would need almost a month just to get them to adult, then a couple weeks to get the gold. That is quite a time sink.

i will say however, I've been able (as a fairly not-nimble adult) to get an average of 3 exp points per game. With an occasional snack, it does make it a bit easier to advance--I got my baby lava spider to teen in an hour or so (but I was using the free crowns to recharge my energy).

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
I tried bought crowns for more energy however, my crowns went to my "Live Realm" and not the "Test Realm". So my question is how do I buy crowns in the test realm?

Hero
May 27, 2009
I agree that sometimes you must wait for things to happen, even in a video game. I think that this system was well-thought-out and will encourage people to get back out in the game on their quests and not spend every minute training their pets.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
JacobH99 wrote:
I tried bought crowns for more energy however, my crowns went to my "Live Realm" and not the "Test Realm". So my question is how do I buy crowns in the test realm?

You can't buy crowns for the test realm because test realm doesn't stay too long. Besides, you get 100,000 gold in test round for FREE

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
sorry I meant to say crowns, not gold. KI how come there isn't an edit button on the message boards?

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
I've found that my Pet's energy refilled when my character leveled. I grant it might have been a glitch, but you might want to try to see what happens when you level.

(not much help, but still...)

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
debomb11 wrote:
sorry I meant to say crowns, not gold. KI how come there isn't an edit button on the message boards?

There is, if you logged in and go to the message you want to edit, it is wehre the "quote" button should be.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
phoebedragon wrote:
it takes 125 exp to get to teen, 250 to get to adult, 500 to get to ancient and 1000 to get to epic. by your calculation, I can handly get to ancient in about a months worth of play. and several months to get to epic.

While I understand that they want to make getting to epic truly special, I find multiple MONTHS of daily game play a bit too much to avoid spending dollars.

To mix pets, you need two adults and 60k of gold. by these assumptions, you would need almost a month just to get them to adult, then a couple weeks to get the gold. That is quite a time sink.

i will say however, I've been able (as a fairly not-nimble adult) to get an average of 3 exp points per game. With an occasional snack, it does make it a bit easier to advance--I got my baby lava spider to teen in an hour or so (but I was using the free crowns to recharge my energy).

No thats not ture I got my pet ranked to epic in just 3 days. And I got gold in 4 days.