Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet drops broke after WT?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 01, 2011
I've been playing 101 for about a month and I decided to go for a storm catfrom Herkir. I cleared out my pack and my vault. After two days (7 hours or so) of farming. Not one cat. Both my vault and my pack were full from herkir drops. Has any one else had this poor luck, or has something changed in the code?
If all remains the same I am going to go back... but I don't want to waist time on a lost cause.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
I have had the same problem. I have been farming this dungeon all day, for hours, and have still not gotten a storm cat.
I have gone in by myself, with one other, and with two others.
I have changed the order of who goes into the dungeon, and tried changing the order of who goes into the duel.
I have changed realms after every duel.
I have also tried using my other characters and still the same stuff and no storm cat.

All of the posts I have found online say that this dungeon is the only place to get this storm cat. This is extremely frustrating.

I'm not sure how many people have to post a problem before someone from Wizards 101 responds, or looks into it, but I really hope someone will help.
:-)

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
REEFSTOCK wrote:
I've been playing 101 for about a month and I decided to go for a storm catfrom Herkir. I cleared out my pack and my vault. After two days (7 hours or so) of farming. Not one cat. Both my vault and my pack were full from herkir drops. Has any one else had this poor luck, or has something changed in the code?
If all remains the same I am going to go back... but I don't want to waist time on a lost cause.

It's just a case of luck.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
REEFSTOCK wrote:

And chance, I forgot to mention.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
I understand that there is a certain amount of randomness to getting pets and other rewards dropped by bosses, but the fact that I have done this dungeon over 20 times, keep getting the same equipment, and haven't gotten a pet, makes me wonder if maybe the dungeon has been changed. Maybe the Wizard 101 people have changed this dungeon so the boss won't drop the storm cat. If the dungeon has been changed, it would be nice if someone from Wizard 101 would let us know so we all don't waste hours of our lives fighting this dungeon over and over for a pet that will never be dropped. :)

Survivor
Apr 01, 2011
Perhaps some one has gotten a storm cat in the last week. If so let us know.

Thanks,

Flint Rainweaver

Survivor
May 09, 2011
My husband and i have farmed Herkir at least 100 times now and still no cat. I tried solo 10 times or so and still nothing. We farmed him 20 times in a row a couple nights ago just to get a guesstimate of how many times we farmed him when we weren't keeping track, and it took us slightly over 2 hours for 20 tries, and we farmed him 3 or more hours every other night (got too frustrated to go more than 2 hours that night and needed a change of games, EQ2 for me, Starcraft for him), probably farmed Herkir about a week and a half now... Any way, my point is we've farmed him a LOT. lol
I've only seen 2 people with storm cat, and all the posts I've seen about people getting the cat were a bit old, so yah... I'm wondering if it's broken. XD orrr I'm just paranoid after so much bad luck for all of us trying to get the silly cat.

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
I just posted on the "trying to farm Storm Cat" thread but yeah it sounds to me like there might have been a change recently. I would wait to see if someone else posts to confirm that they got a pet drop since the update.

I did my farming last year and collected 9 Storm Cats total from Herkir, and usually I would not go more than 20 battles without a drop.
I mean, if you really farmed him for 7 hours then you should have gotten a Storm cat.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2011
Thanks for the replys. I will focus on other aspects of the game for now :) If some one does end up getting a drop please post when and how many trys it took.

Thanks again,

Flint