Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pet derby cheaters

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
okay.. so ive been doing pet derby A LOT for the crow pet.. and it seems a LOT of people are cheating.. so far I have seen 2 things..

1) people jumping through the map.. thats right.. at one moment they are behind me and the next they are half way across the map with a huge lead. No other person near them so im assuming some ability for jumping to a pet wasn't used.. they just appeared on the other side of map.

2) people completing the race in 1 lap. Ive seen post and they said they fixed it but ive seen it at least 3 times for sure.

the people jumping through the map is happening A LOT more often then the 1 lap wins.. but yeah.. what is that? is it a bug people are exploiting? is it a cheat. either way its really annoying to be playing this and having people cheat. will there be a fix for this? I can take some screenshots showing their flags on the mini map right behind me or close to it and the time and then a few seconds later their flag is across the map. (2 screenshots) to display the difference in distance and time.

thanks for any help

Defender
May 31, 2009
Raijukin,

Is this ranked or practice?

It's been a while since I've done a ranked race, but I've done my share and not seen this myself.

However, seems like it's something that should be shared with KI. ing the Wiz, then sending something in to KI. Theoretically, you HAVE a screen shot, and it should be blatantly obvious if it shows their time as being way better than what is possible that something is wrong.

Something to keep in mind is that it MIGHT be a glitch - not actual cheaters, but something broken with the game itself. For that reason, I wouldn't go all out and call someone a cheater because it happened to them. However, if it always happens to the same racer - seems like something KI should know about - let THEM take care of it.

Casp

Screen shot and send in.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2010
Some pets have the ability to transport to the one thats first in line. One of mine does. She never wins though, it's just fun to watch. I can't say anything about the one lap thing. Never seen it happen.