Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet can breed Untrained talents ?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 01, 2015
Hello everyone.

Today i was hatching a pet in hope of getting Spritly.

First pet A :
Fiendish Foo dog talents trained: 1) Pip O' Plenty 2) Deathshot 3)astute(selfish) 4)deathbed.

Breed this pet with a krokomummy 2 weeks ago and ended up giving spritly to a pet that had to many selfish (stabled him)

Today Breed a new pet with same fiendish foo dog with jade oni and it manifested Plaquebringer.

MY QUESTION???

IS passing untrained talents normal when breeding pets ?

I had assumed the fiendish food dog 5th talent was spritely when i first breed him with Krokomummy. This where fist generation pets.

The jade Oni was fist generation as well. Manifesting Plaque bringer was a surprise to me unless i misunderstood how pet talent breed across.

Any help you can provide would be appriciated.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Yes. Every pet has 10 talent slots and 10 derby abilities. When you mix two pets, the baby can get any mix of talents and abilities from both parents, whether or not they were manifested. Often, but not always, talents that unlock early on parents come up again on offspring, but that is by no means a sure thing. Pet hatching involves a lot of luck, and it's usually a process of gradual improvement.