Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pet breeding cost

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
why does it cost more to breed two pets if they are at a higher level like mega than if they are at a lower level like adult?

Explorer
Oct 01, 2011
because the value of that pet's chance of getting talents are higher.
IE a mega pet with all the talents you want will give a higher chance to get some of those talents on its baby than an adult with 2 talents you want, which will only give you increased talent chance for those 2. Thus it cost more because it is more likely to give you a valuable pet

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
The cost to hatch a pet is actually based on its pedigree, which is the sum of all talents and derby classifications (uncommon, rare, etc.) it is not based on the age of the pet.

Hope this helps!

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
It's not the Level of the pet that determines the price -

it is the Pedigree that raises it (the number next to your pets name); the higher the Pedigree, the more valuable talents it has in it's genes.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
Jasmine3429, SilverbackMonkey, by pedigree is it counting the number inside the brackets? because i noticed it costs more to breed my higher aged pets and pets that level up has an increased number in the brackets for the pedigree. (i experimented with 5 first-gen pets of pedigree 51-57 not counting the number in brackets and of ages adult-mega)
when i say a number in brackets i mean the one that is 0 when it's a baby and then increases as it levels up

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Chicken2479 on Jul 21, 2017 wrote:
Jasmine3429, SilverbackMonkey, by pedigree is it counting the number inside the brackets? because i noticed it costs more to breed my higher aged pets and pets that level up has an increased number in the brackets for the pedigree. (i experimented with 5 first-gen pets of pedigree 51-57 not counting the number in brackets and of ages adult-mega)
when i say a number in brackets i mean the one that is 0 when it's a baby and then increases as it levels up
The pedigree is the sum of all the dots on the talents and derby abilities, usually higher pedigree pets have a lot more Epic talents, which is not always a good thing honestly

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Chicken2479 on Jul 21, 2017 wrote:
No its the total, not the number manifested which is in the brackets, you have to take into consideration both pets you are hatching when looking at the cost