Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nutcracker - how to get fairy?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 28, 2012
I have one nutcracker and I have raised it to Adult and only gotten derby talents. Could my Nutcracker still get Fairy? Is it worth continuing to raise it, or should I hatch it? And if it doesn't get Fairy by my raising it...should I hatch it with my other pets and hope a next generation will get it or just give up on it?

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
It can still get Fairy, but it'll be easier for you to just hatch a new one and hope for the best unless you don't have the gold. It takes less time to get a pet from Baby to Adult than from Adult to Ancient, and it also costs less energy.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Pet talents are randomly determined when they hatch. Yes a hatched pet will have a chance at getting it, even if your original Nutcracker never does. My first Betta Fish never learned Healing Current, after like 3-4 hatches it became a regular talent appearing in the new pets.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Nanalert on Dec 17, 2014 wrote:
I have one nutcracker and I have raised it to Adult and only gotten derby talents. Could my Nutcracker still get Fairy? Is it worth continuing to raise it, or should I hatch it? And if it doesn't get Fairy by my raising it...should I hatch it with my other pets and hope a next generation will get it or just give up on it?
There is a possibility to get that talent at any level...but it is never guaranteed.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Nutcracker

Explorer
Jan 23, 2014
Nanalert on Dec 17, 2014 wrote:
Here's all the possible talents you can get on a Nutcracker.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Nutcracker