Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Needed Hatchery Menu Chat Phrases

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 25, 2011
Hello,

As a player that focuses on pets, it's come to my attention the gaps in menu chat that are really needed for the hatchery.

Many menu chatters roam the hatchery just as anyone would, however when they ask the question "Would you like to hatch a pet?" there's no clear answer for no. Sure, "No", is to the point but considering these people are younger children that's not a very helpful word. People try to make up for this with the quick "No".... "Thanks"....... and sometimes "Sorry" combination yet everyone else around becomes hesitant to ask after that simply because they don't know the why.

When someone is out of gold or timers "Sorry, I can't" works just fine, however that's not too often. Personally, I think something like a "Not right now, thanks" or "No sorry I'm looking for a particular pet" or "No sorry I'm looking for a particular talent" would be extremely beneficial!

Of course, it would be nice if we all could say yes to those who ask, but with the cost of hatching and the length of timers that's just not realistic. Personally, I believe these extra phrases would make it so the text/open chatters don't have to feel the flinching need to escape every time a menu chatter approaches and also so the menu chatters don't have to feel fled from or shut down without a reason.

I'm sure some people will just use the phrases falsely and menu chatter will probably still just stand and use the "Boo Hoo" phrase over and over and over, but I think a nice, clear way to say no would make the hatchery much better.

Am I missing some key phrases here or does anyone else see the problem?

Historian
May 01, 2010
"No thank you" is in the chat, under friendly towards the bottom I think... But yea these would be useful

Survivor
May 25, 2011
slammer111 wrote:
"No thank you" is in the chat, under friendly towards the bottom I think... But yea these would be useful

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that to the list of phrases people can use ;)