Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need help with pet games

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 01, 2012
I have a really big problem with pet games right now. I pretty much am terrible at all of them and in no way seem to be capable of improving. I started on my first account a few years ago and up till now I can barely win any of the games..Can someone please give me some tips? I'm tired of seeing everyone with spud pets and poor little me who can barely get one to adult D:

Explorer
Jul 13, 2012
Snacks are more important than pet games IMO. If you can get some Couch Potatoes or Evil Magma Peas(even better) you will be able to stock up on Mega snacks and the games won't really matter.

But to answer your question, I'm only decent at the Maze and Drop games. The only advice I have for the Maze game is don't get behind the ghosts when there aren't several paths to take. Also, they move counter clockwise when they venture into the center.

Good luck.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Percy373 on May 9, 2013 wrote:
I have a really big problem with pet games right now. I pretty much am terrible at all of them and in no way seem to be capable of improving. I started on my first account a few years ago and up till now I can barely win any of the games..Can someone please give me some tips? I'm tired of seeing everyone with spud pets and poor little me who can barely get one to adult D:
I play the Maze game and Grumpy Gobblers exclusively.
The maze is easy...just stay away from the ghosts and grab the little clocks that float around the maze in place of one of the items.
Grumpy Gobblers is pretty easy too... do the first set on the left, it's the easiest one. You have 10 tries on this one and will get the hang of it.
And as long as you have snacks, it really doesn't matter as much if you lose or do poorly, just feed your pet! :)

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
dravenheart615 on May 9, 2013 wrote:
Snacks are more important than pet games IMO. If you can get some Couch Potatoes or Evil Magma Peas(even better) you will be able to stock up on Mega snacks and the games won't really matter.

But to answer your question, I'm only decent at the Maze and Drop games. The only advice I have for the Maze game is don't get behind the ghosts when there aren't several paths to take. Also, they move counter clockwise when they venture into the center.

Good luck.
I still want to be good at them xD
Otherwise i'll feel like its still a waste despite food snacks. Thanks for the advice :)

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
I've got some tips for you.

Cannon Game: The stronger your shot is, the easier to avoid wind. I usually set the shot level to maximum. After your first try you will see where to corrigate direction.

Maze Game: Avoid dead ends and keep moving all the time. Try to get all the speed boosts and time bonus clocks. As i remember you have to collect 70 snacks to get +4 xp, thats not much.

Gobbler Drop: Go for the time bonus and bullet-time boosts, they give you extra space to collect snacks. Always keep your eyes on the shadows, not the falling items. Stand on the shadow then press space to jump and get the snack quicker.

hope this helps, gl

Survivor
Jul 09, 2012
Lol, I relies on Snacks, I trained Two Pets to adult (Strange Beast and a Fire Cat), And now I'm training a new Strange Beast, I suggest you go to Mooshu to collect some, They drop good pet snacks,

Kane SkullStaff, Your Level 35 mancer

"I Wizard101"

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
Kane Skullstaff on May 13, 2013 wrote:
Lol, I relies on Snacks, I trained Two Pets to adult (Strange Beast and a Fire Cat), And now I'm training a new Strange Beast, I suggest you go to Mooshu to collect some, They drop good pet snacks,

Kane SkullStaff, Your Level 35 mancer

"I Wizard101"
Mooshu drops megasnacks? I'm a hundred percent sure it doesn't.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2012
Percy373 on May 13, 2013 wrote:
Well, I never said they dropped "MegaSnacks". Wait, What pet you have? And Secondly, What school is your pet? Because they mostly like snacks from their own skill,

Defender
May 03, 2009
Percy373 on May 13, 2013 wrote:
They probably meant rank 4-5 snacks. 'Good' doesn't always mean mega.

As for games, play the maze game. I wait for the ghosts to pass and when I am near a corner and the ghost is coming, hide in the corner, you might not freeze. When it's getting loaded and your pet is waiting, look around for some clocks. I usually collect all three, if not, two, but never one. And always go to the circle place in the middle. It sometimes has a clock or two and it has a bajillion of those things the pet eats.

Hope I helped. ;)

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Percy373 on May 9, 2013 wrote:
I don't know where y'all are getting the maze game from O.o I play the dance game! Its quick and easy. And, if your training a spell proof/defy pet listen up, play the dancing game on the Krok stage. It gives power and agility which is what you need to advance the amount of defense.

Wolf Skullslinger, attempting my SPDF (sprite proof defy fairy)