Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth Shenlong Dragon pet

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 08, 2015
I have been fighting this pet for 3 solid days and I cannot get rid of the Buff Minion card and the 'thinkin' traits; what do I have to do to eradicate them? Love the looks of the pet, but the useless traits seem to be impossible to get rid of

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
1) Take your shenlong that has the best stats and overall combination of talents. Hatch it with a different, but very high stat pet that has an excellent overall combination of talents. It's best not to use another shenlong, but use something else instead. Hatch until you get a shenlong baby.

2) Take that baby and train it to teen. STOP. Did it develop one of the talents you're trying to breed out? If so, discard that baby and try again.

3) If it learned a good talent, continue training to adult. STOP. Do not train any further. Hopefully this baby has two good talents that you want to keep.

Now, go back to the original two parents and repeat steps 1 through 3, so that you now have two adult Shenlongs with good talents, and that haven't yet learned any of the bad traits.

Breed those two together, several times if needed.

Train these new babies up to ancient, discarding any that learn the talents you don't want.

Take the best two from the 'trained to ancient' set and repeat this whole process.

All the while, keep track of where those bad talents are in the talent pool. Talents that don't get learned will drop out of the talent pool eventually.

So the key is, only train to adult in the beginning and NEVER fall prey to your hopes. Don't train past ancient until you know for a fact that you've weeded out most of the bad talents.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Aug 12, 2015
thank you! wouldn't it be nice if they would develop am injection to inject the talents you want, or eradicate the ones you don't!

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Freshta (or anyone) --

Do you have any suggestion for organizing these myriads of pets? I have so many I have to keep getting new houses to hold them all.

But I have these kinds of pets:

Adult pets with two good talents showing, that I keep for hatching with.
Novelty pets that I just want to have around.
Working pets that my wiz char uses in the game, both active and legacy ones.
Baby pets from other schools that I would rather hang onto in case they might come in handy someday.
Pets from ongoing hatch projects...

I wish KI would release a pet ranch housing item where we could keep +/- 300 pets..

thanks

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
ChicoValerian on Apr 12, 2018 wrote:
Freshta (or anyone) --

Do you have any suggestion for organizing these myriads of pets? I have so many I have to keep getting new houses to hold them all.

But I have these kinds of pets:

Adult pets with two good talents showing, that I keep for hatching with.
Novelty pets that I just want to have around.
Working pets that my wiz char uses in the game, both active and legacy ones.
Baby pets from other schools that I would rather hang onto in case they might come in handy someday.
Pets from ongoing hatch projects...

I wish KI would release a pet ranch housing item where we could keep +/- 300 pets..

thanks
I have a similar mix of pets, often far too many to keep track of.

Pets my wizard actively uses, for either battle or ongoing hatches, stay in my backpack.

Pets that are trained to adult and have two good talents that I might want later for breeding purposes but I'm not using now, usually go at the house where I do my gardening. For example, at the Red Barn Farm they're kept by the barn. Also, pure but untrained pets that I might want to breed someday are kept inside the barnyard fence.

Collectible pets become part of my housing decoration schemes. They just go wherever they seem to fit best in terms of color or theme.

To help me remember a pet's lineage or location, I keep track of hatches in notebooks. I record which wizard did the hatching, what I know about both parents, and the order that a new baby's talents developed. Next to their hatching info I will note if I end up transferring that pet to a different wizard or if I place them in a house. That way I can find them if I ever need them again.

Pets that I don't want for either hatching or collecting, sometimes end up sold. That's the only way I can keep my pet population under control.

Hope that helps!

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Aug 12, 2015
Have you got the Avalon Castle Plot from crown shop? nothing but caves and land . . . it's crowns only but a good place to keep pets for the pet keeper . . .