Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 14, 2013
Hello, so i have an exalted myth with decent stats and when i was checking them out i realized i dont have that great of a pet. So, i am curious what is the best pet to start with? I will hatch a bit probably but i kind of want a great starting pet that may have some damage, or resistance or something like that. Anyway thanks for taking the time to read this.

Christopher Dragonsmith Exalted wizard

Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
First of all go to the Aquila asap and get either Enchanted Armanent or Harpie pet to start with.
Take it to adult and hatch it with a good pet with 65+pedigree and then take that to adult and hatch it again with a 70+pedigree pet and train what you get to Mega by focusing Strength,Agility,Power.
You should have resistance maybe damage and may cast healing spells.

Happy Questing!

~Try everything more than once~
Angel FrostBreeze
Level 83 Knight of the Silver Rose

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
mitoboy812 on Apr 6, 2015 wrote:
Hello, so i have an exalted myth with decent stats and when i was checking them out i realized i dont have that great of a pet. So, i am curious what is the best pet to start with? I will hatch a bit probably but i kind of want a great starting pet that may have some damage, or resistance or something like that. Anyway thanks for taking the time to read this.

Christopher Dragonsmith Exalted wizard
There isn't any one best. Hatch with someone who has a pet you like. I use a Strange Beast or Armament mostly on Myth. Spell proof, healing, a couple of damage talents, something like that. Pedigree doesn't matter at all. Hatch for talents you like. Train any way you want. That doesn't matter either as long as you max the stats that affect your talents by the time you are done.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Otherwise do as Angel said, but don't look at the pedigree of the pet you're hatching with. Look at the talents. Also, you don't need to focus on any stat. You can just hope. If your pet doesn't get a talent you want, hatch and train again.

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
My Myth wizard runs with a mega Maple Moose; he is the result of a hatch between one of my Death wizard's best Deer Knights and another wizard's first-generation Maple Moose. The three Mythic Fuel item cards he gives are very useful. He has Proof (10%), Feinting Spell (adds Feint item card), Spritely, Myth Dealer (9%) and Storm Proof (10%) manifested so he has a heal, damage boosts and resist. He's also cute. :D

Miranda Nightsinger, Exalted Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Archmage Pyromancer
Iridian Lotusblade, Legendary Sorcerer
Sabrina Boomblossom, Magus Theurgist
Abigail Frogslinger, Magus Conjurer

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
To paraphrase Lewski -- Talents matter more than Pedigree. What also matters are the max statistics of Strength, Intellect, Agility, Will and Power. The higher the better. They determine the total amount of damage, resist, critical, etc., your pet will eventually get. If you ever have crowns the Sea Dragon is probably the best first generation pet in the game. I bought one from the crowns shop years ago, and it got "May Cast Sprite", "Spell-Proof +10", and three other talents I can't remember. It's also a great pet to start hatching with because it has really good max statistics.

Good luck,

Wolf Windrider
Exalted