Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My pet to ultra?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 23, 2017
Should i level my pet to ultra? Idk if stats increase, but i do know that no more talents can be unlocked. Tell me if pet stats increase at mega.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
You will unlock a fifth talent at mega. Training to mega is definitely worth it on a good pet.

As for Ultra, that's a whole different story. No additional talents are revealed, stats are not changed, not even an additional socket opens. It's a ton of work for no reward. There is no reason to train any pet that high UNLESS you have an "ultra" gem that is so spectacular that you can't imagine your life without it.

Unless you're doing it to socket the best ultra gem ever, training to ultra is an utter waste of time, energy and pet snacks.

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
quintesson77 on Jul 11, 2017 wrote:
Should i level my pet to ultra? Idk if stats increase, but i do know that no more talents can be unlocked. Tell me if pet stats increase at mega.
Stats on your pet never change, they just fill up as you train your pet As for going to Ultra, you only need to do that if you want to use an ultra level jewel, such as a dealer or sniper.

If you are confusing stats with talents, your pet will get talents up until mega for a total of 5, no new talents are unlocked at ultra.

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
quintesson77 on Jul 11, 2017 wrote:
the stats don't increase but certain pet jewels require the pet to at ultra such as spell proof or the dealer jewels. I also believe you are gifted a jewel at ultra but I don't know much about that.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
you should train your pet until ultra, but if you get a new pet with around the same pedigree or higher pedigree or has skills that has a high average rarity, you should leave your other pet (unless it isn't mega) and work on your new pet.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Don't train any pet to Ultra unless you have a specific jewel that requires it (Proof, Dealer, Assailant, Ultra-rare stat boost).

Ultra doesn't improve the pet, it just lets you use a higher rank jewel.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Chicken2479 on Jul 15, 2017 wrote:
you should train your pet until ultra, but if you get a new pet with around the same pedigree or higher pedigree or has skills that has a high average rarity, you should leave your other pet (unless it isn't mega) and work on your new pet.
Pedigree isn't a good indication of usefulness. Some desired talents are uncommon or rare (Fairy, school giver, spell defy) and some ultra-rare and uncommon talents are generally unwanted (cards, selfish).

Training to Ultra would be a waste in any case except to add a high rank jewel.