Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My Pet is Always the Same!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
When i hatch with like a satyr and firezilla i got a satyr when i hatched a firezilla with a jade oni i got a firezilla and when i hatched a satyr with a collousus i got a satyr! Can anyone tell me if i am doing anything wrong!? I just want to hatch a pet that is different from the one pet i mixed it with could anyone help me? Thank you

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Only school + school pets will make hybrids. Using a promo pet results in a hybrid for both people.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2010
Nothing is wrong. Sometimes, it just takes FOREVER to get a hybrid. I was lucky. On my first try I got a tempest, but then i got two wriath, onn after the other. SO you aren't doing anything wrong. Just keeping trying :)

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
The odds are that you will always get a pet that is either the same, or lower, pedigree as the pet you use to hatch with. When hatching with another school pet, you cannot receive a school pet that you can't equip (supposedly) and all of the hybrids are a higher pedigree, so you will most likely receive the same pet.

You are most likely to receive the other pet in a hatching by ensuring that the pet you use to hatch with has a higher pedigree than the other person's pet. Hybrids are very rare and usually will take many attempts to successfully hatch.